Dreams

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Demetri's POV***

I was pealing thru the trees on all four paws. My breathing was heavy and my heart thudding thru my chest. I was chasing something, or someone.

Every time I got close it would slip from my sight, stirring anxiousness that clouded my already stammering brain. I could smell the scent of another wolf faintly, but as soon as it filled the air it would disappear like a mirage.

I turned around and ran back the way I was headed from. I heard the tinkling of a river near by and decided to go drink from the refreshing source. As I slowly paced toward the trail of water, that was leisurely grazing the river rocks, I caught the scent of the wolf I had apparently been chasing.

Water lilies and Jasmine filtered thru the air like a thick fog. My wolf was instantly restless. I stuck my snout into the air and inhaled deeply, letting the aroma saturate my senses like a swaddling blanket. My heart was racing and my body was tingling. The uncontrollable need to find the possessor was making me tremble.

The wind blew and took my peace of mind with it. The scent had once again dissipated being replaced by the earthy combination of dew and dirt. I focused my wolf senses to try to recapture the direction of the scent, to no avail.

I woke from my nap without one ounce of relief to soothe my restless spirit.

It was time to prepare for the bonfire, and I made my mind up to push all this bullshit to the side for now and focus on having a good time. I showered and slipped on my dark wash jeans with a pair of boots and a gun metal gray button up with the sleeves rolled to my elbows. I gave my hair a finger comb. Once I left the room, I went in search of Alpha Carter.

I passed Luna Elise in the hallway on my way downstairs.

"Alpha Demetri, dear could you help me set up tables? She speaks.

"Absolutely! Lead the way." I reply.

We headed toward the east side of the house to retrieve and relocate dozens of tables. It wasn't difficult and I appreciated doing something constructive.

I offered my help many times this afternoon, anything to occupy my mind, was more than welcomed. After we set up tables and chairs and I hung up lanterns and lights, we moved on to the heavy music equipment and building a dance floor. The mood was electric and people seemed to be enjoying getting ready for this evening.

Gamma Efran walked up to me just before the sun was setting:

"How you doing Alpha?" He asks.

"Good, just enjoying helping out. What have you been up to?" I question.

Efran glances at me quizzically while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Spit it out Gamma" I reply raising my eyebrows with impatience.

He put his arm over my shoulder and dropped his voice a few degrees "I just wanted to check on you Alpha, I know this can't be easy for you. I heard you and Alex both call Alisa mate."

I slammed my hand over his mouth and whisper shouted "shhhhhhhhh."

He started talking thru my hand "I'm not gonna say anything, for fuck sake. You didn't have to do that."

I quickly apologized for over reacting.
Efran just laughed and bounced back and forth between the balls of his shoes.

"Alpha? You think the Moon Goddess makes mistakes?" He asked.

I looked at him and smiled faintly. "Nah, I really don't. Sometimes I think things aren't what they seem."

Efran stared at me for a moment then relaxed and said "you're handling this better than expected."

I replied "you may not think that if you had seen me earlier." And we both just laughed and shook our heads at each other. Joining the rest of the crew, we went back to helping out.

The sun set into a cascade of rich magenta, lavender and orange. The fire was roaring, flames licking the wood kindle, letting off deep tangerine and cerulean colors. I stood off to the side and observed the crowd.

Newly mated couples scattered across the pack land, relishing in their mate bonds. Young pups played games of cat and mouse. The older couples chattering away in the distance.

I caught sight of my Beta Alex and Alisa and decided to go make conversation. I was happy for my brother, goddess knows he deserved it!

Alex has always been a king at heart, his presence brought joy and comfort. He was just so charismatic. I wasn't jealous at all. I knew he was finally receiving a small token of appreciation from the Moon Goddess and he was more than deserving. Yeah, I'm actually stoked for him!

"Hey Alex" I said as I walked up and clapped my hand on my brothers back, while he scanned the party.

"Hey Demetri!" He shouted with a huge smile that touched his eyes.

"Where's Your mate, lil bro?" I questioned.
"Alisa is at the picnic tables making plates for the little ones."

I couldn't help but feel touched at her motherly behavior. She was gonna make a great addition to our family.

"You guys seem to be getting along quite well." I interjected.

His smile became even brighter and I saw the clear evidence of a true mate bond.

"Yeah, she is definitely a good one!" He stated.

I decided it was time to give him some brotherly words. "Alex I'm so proud of you. I'm absolutely ecstatic that you have been blessed with your other half. You are an amazing person and I relish in your happiness." I began.
He looked up at me and grinned.

"It's incredible to think that SHE was made for me. I couldn't have chosen a better mate. We have already started talking openly to one another. I feel like I have known her my whole life." He states.

I was truly honored to be his brother and his Alpha. He is just one of a kind, even if there are two of us.

I chuckled at my thoughts.

"Is she coming home with us?" I asked.

"Not yet," he answered. " I want everything done on her time table. I get to have her for the rest of my life. I won't be selfish." He continued.

"I think that's a great plan, you're gonna be a fantastic mate!" I declared.

I saw him getting restless and I didn't want to keep him too long.

"Go get your woman, you big softie." I joked.
And without another word he sped towards the tables where she was seating the children.
I just watched in delight as they intertwined their hands and walked off towards another group of people.

My wolf started whimpering suddenly. Oh, so now he wants my attention. I rolled my eyes and asked him what was wrong.

"Are you sure she's not our mate" Renzo asked.

"Yeah I'm sure buddy. I'm not sure what happened but I know our mate will find us soon." I comforted him.

"I hope so." He sulked.

"Come on Renzo, you will see, the moon goddess will make us happier than you could imagine."

He chippered up and apparently I appeased him, for now.

I really do believe what I said. I'm not upset. I know our mate will be perfect. She is looking for us too, I'm positive of that.