Intrusion

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Author's POV***

The assisting parties from the Red Moon Pack and The Crescent Moon Packs were perched deep within the woods. Their scents had been masked and their bodies were camouflaged amongst the dense trees that populated the forest. They were laying in wait. A predator carefully stalking it's prey.

The Blood Moon pack was carefully winding their night down. All borders had been secured, shifts had been changed and exhaustion had seeped into their weary forms. Like any other day, living the life of a rogue had brought its merciless torture, even if they were part of a pack. They were none the wiser to the hundreds of wolves who patiently awaited the battle they would begin and hopefully finish.

Alpha Landon was so high on the power he fed off of, he was oblivious to the minds of his members. As they were not a true pack, no internal communication was available between him and his pack members, no mind link was present. As the selfish man that he was, he took no pleasure in creating bonds between him and his members. He hastily went about each day nurturing his barbaric ideals, his distasteful practices were robotically played out.

Landon's lack of personal affect with his pack was always to his detriment. However, as with most selfish beings, he would not notice the flaw before the repercussions would bring themselves to light. Landon aimlessly wondered thru his days hashing out cruel punishments with promises of worse to come.

So, as night fell across the makeshift pride lands of the Blood Moon Pack, Landon tucked himself safely in his shack, laying with one of his pack member's mate. A simple price, in his opinion, for the assurance of being a part of his pack.

She laid beside him, thankful that tonight, she didn't endure anything too awful. Praying once again to the Moon Goddess, she laid still counting the hours until morning would come and she could return to her mate. A shitty life, but a life nonetheless.

Stillness swept across the fields of tents. Guards relaxed and fell to their secret slumbers, rogues rested their human forms and children breathed their small breaths, all awaiting the havoc that once again would ensue by sunrise.

Silently, the warriors waited for the perfect moment to unleash the hell they would surely bring.

Less than an hour from now, the scene would change and blood would paint the canvas of the moss that laid below the feet of the Crescent and Red Moon Packs. The red moisture would pour, taking with it the shackles of tyranny controlled by the demonic presence of Alpha Landon.

***Demetri's POV***

Staying silent while observing the scene before me turned out to be one hell of a trial. Anger claimed every vessel in my body. Disgust licked at my patience. The need for reform lit the fire needed to end this, quickly.

A portion of me, over the last few weeks, wavered in my willingness to blindly attack other's. That small shred of mercy had melted and left a hot licking flame of passion to do what I deem right over what seems fair. The peacekeeper in me was little more than a voice of conscience, the Alpha in me was seething to be sated.

I gave the order thru the pack link, signaling Alpha Collin to do the same. It was time to start this shit show.

We slid from our makeshift watchtowers and surrounded the territory of the Blood Moon Pack. Our graceful leaps, from the towering trees, made little noise as expected. So far, no one was privy to our presence.

Four teams of warriors found their targets, awaiting the green light to advance. Collin and I were discreetly hedging our steps towards the wooden shack of our own target.