Home Sweet Home

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Demetri's POV***

The next day came and went. Our last day at the Red Moon Pack was full of chill. We trained as individuals, packs and then as a large wolf family unit. The time there was a success and made for a promising future as allies to one another.

Renzo, my wolf, was sad. He was not ready to go home empty handed. He seemed depressed to be leaving the Red Moon territory, but I needed to get home where I was in my element.

We said our goodbyes late in the evening and began our journey back to our own territory.
The chatters of the pack created a soft background music that eased my tense mind. I knew Renzo was just hoping and expecting this trip would be our chance, finally, to mend the hole that seemed as vast as a gorge that had formed in our soul. However, I refused to feed his frenzied state and chose to tell him to grow a pair and act like a man instead of a sniveling pup.

Alex seemed a little less than himself, but I knew he was suffering from the absence of his mate. The mate bond was especially present when Alpha blood flowed thru your veins. But, he really wasn't sulking and chose to be a good mate as opposed to a selfish one. I had no doubt he would always chose Alisa's happiness over his own. This only added to the spectacular characteristics that I always proudly adored in my brother and Beta.

Efran and I remained mateless, for now. While I was excited for both of us to find the other half of our souls, I knew to trust the Moon Goddess, as her timing would always be perfect. I won't lie and say I always carried so much faith and restraint, but when it came down to it, I trusted our Moon Goddess above all else.

The 15 hour treck across the lands went much the same as the last time. Our group had grown by about a dozen members, between who stayed at Red Moon with their mates and the ones that would join our pack with their new mates. We split it up into the same 8/7 split to allow for rest and relaxation. Although, we did choose a different rest point in case someone decided to track us and start any trouble.

As we came onto Crescent Moon territory, the peace that came with the feeling of home saturated the air. We all let out a howl of breath we probably didn't realize we were reserving. The howl would act as an alarm to our guards that their Alpha was indeed home. We shifted to our human forms and quietly dressed so the pack members who stayed behind would not be assaulted by a sea of nudists.

My parents greeted us at the door of the pack house along with the many who could not make the journey. This made the homecoming all the more sweet as we reconnected with our missing members. I was excited to see my little she devils and was not disappointed as my twin sisters took turns lunging into the arms of both Alex and me.

My dad graciously handed the responsibility of being the interim Alpha back to myself, but not before commenting on how he was so glad he handed over the reins when he did. We all laughed at his content to go back to just being another pack member, as if that was even possible, and a father to his pups.

My mom took time to hold each of my elite three's faces, as if refreshing her memory of our features. Her kind and motherly spirit wrapping us each in a loving embrace. She was a perfect Luna. One would be hard pressed to hold a candle to the light of my mother.

As we walked into the pack house, finally free from the reacquaintences, we were stopped by my parents who had looks of confusion wrapped around their expecting faces. My mom's hands landed firmly on her hips and dad's hand was rubbing calming circles on the small of her back. My mom started tapping her foot along the wood planks that made up the family room floors.

As I knew they would have felt the mating bond that rolled off of Alex in devastating waves, I simply threw my hands in the air as an act of surrender. All the while I was thanking fate that it wasn't yet my turn to face the firing quad that would most likely assault my brother with questions pertaining to his mateless arrival. As expected, Alex just shifted nervously and ran his fingers up and down the back of his neck awaiting the onslaught of our parents curious questions.

Mom started, "Alex, sweetheart, would you like to explain"?

Knowingly, he just sighed and took a seat on one of the couches. While my parents, took refuge on the large wingback chairs and practiced restraint, they not so patiently awaited Alex's tale of the Moon Goddess' most worldly gift.

The rest of the pack members gave us a respectful berth by going into the other areas of the pack house to eat, or unpack there belongings. They really were amazing and never overstayed their welcome when it came to familial conversations. Although, their supernatural abilities did not exactly guarantee they would not overhear our meeting.

"Mom! Dad!" Alex excitedly began. "I found my mate!" His exuberant smile cut the false tension that had masked the air. And smiles brighter than a falling star graced my parent's lips.

Mom was bouncing in her seat hanging on every word that left Alex mouth as he gave every small detail of Alisa, his soul mate, his blessing. He spoke so kindly of her and painted the most exquisite picture, you would be blind not to notice the pedestal she already occupied in his mind and heart.

Dad asked the obvious question that was plaguing the minds of absentee members. "Son, where is this allusive Alisa and when will be meeting her?"

Alex responded with a clear emotion of longing dripping from his every statement "Alisa had not been expecting to meet me this trip, so she had prior obligations. I would not allow her, even if she had asked, to neglect her duties to her family and pack. We have a lifetime to spend with one another. And, as you have always taught me to respect our mates, I valued her obligations and offered her the time needed to prepare herself in becoming a permanent resident in our pack and home."

My dad was beaming, pride filled his teary eyes. I imagine he felt pleased that his behavior in our raising had obviously ingrained wonderful qualities into his son. I couldn't help but mirror his adoration in my Beta's selfless behavior, although I expected nothing less from Alex. And, I knew my parents weren't shocked by his rationale either.

Mom and dad both looked at me and Gamma Efran expectantly. I knew they already realized that the two of us were still perpetual bachelors. But, they feigned stupidity in the subject, at this moment.

Efran answered their interrogation in the most Scott way possible, to which I had to stifle my booming laughter. "Welp, Demetri and I will be  holding off on the ball and chains until the Moon Goddess changes it!"

This earned a laugh from my Dad along with a tsk from my Mom. However, Efran's parents were not as amused when they both simultaneously popped Efran in the back of his head with their hands. And, dramatic as always, Efran jumped ten feet in the air, with a sly grin that only flamed the fire of laughter that rolled across the room of our parental party.

Mom then offered us snacks and drinks before we set out to resume our roles as leaders of our beautiful family and pack. I was so happy to finally be back and filled my nose with the beautiful scent of my loving home. Our lives were always filled with the deep bonds of love and friendship. Our homecoming was just as magnificent as I had come to expect.