Mistake

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Demetri's POV***

Lily looked broken. The days in the hospital had given her physical nutrients, but her soul was absent.

Staring at the fragile woman was exhausting. The secrets had cost her more than she seemed willing to spend. I could only hope that, somehow, we could bring her back to life.

"Lily, my name is Alpha Demetri. I'm a friend of Collin." I started.

The blank stare in her eyes gave nothing away. She was neither alive nor dead. She just was.

"We found you. A couple weeks ago. We were hoping to get to know you. We want to help you." I continued.

"He will find me." Lily mumbled.

Her voice was low and such a whisper that you could barely understand.

"Who? Landon?" I questioned.

"He won't let me go." Lily continued to stare at nothing while she pulled her knees into her chest. She weakly laid her cheek on her knees and closed her eyes.

We wanted to tell her he would never find her. Collin had ripped his body to pieces and burned him. However, I had a feeling that was not information that would comfort her at this time.

"We will keep you safe." Collin promised. His hand reaching towards her. She pulled tighter into herself and Collin withdrew his touch.

"You can't beat him." Lily whispered as slow, small tears kissed her frail cheeks.

I scoffed. A smirk grew against my face and I turned around so she couldn't see.

We had already beat him.

"Lily. Do you know who I am?" Collin asked. A hint of pain laced his stoic voice.

"I don't know." Lily admitted.

"Did you have a child?" Collin pinched the bridge of his nose while he squeezed his eyes.

"He died when I gave birth." Lily sobbed. Her trembling form rocking the bed.

"No, he didn't." Collin confirmed.

Lily grabbed her hair and started screeching like a banshee. Her form rocked frantically. The sight was unbearable.

"YES HE DID! LANDON TOLD ME!" She yelled.

"Collin, can we step outside?" I whispered.

We called the pack doctor and she came to administer meds to calm Lily.

The physical abuse was far less gruesome than the weight of the psychological abuse that was inflicted.

Once outside, we all stood. Collin looked desperate. Efran looked worried. Alex looked pained.

"She's traumatized. Collin, we are gonna have to figure out a way to convince Lily that you didn't die like Landon has brainwashed her to believe." I explain.

"How do you convince a mentally unstable mother that the man she loved, her mate, lied to her?" Efran deadpanned.

"He's not the only man she ever loved." Alex offered.

"Dad?" I asked incredulously.

"We should speak to Him and to Mom." Alex informed.

"Mom's pregnant. I'm not putting her under that stress." I argued.

"Alpha, our mother is stronger than you give her credit for. She is a Luna first. She will always be a Luna. Give Mom the choice." Alex justified.