Curiosity Killed The Cat

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Alex's POV***

I can feel how tense Alpha is. This twin bond can get suffocating at times, but right now it has come in handy. I gotta see what's going on.

I wonder if it has to do with Dad and Collin. Yesterday, Dad was cold towards Collin. This is extremely unusual. My dad is always so pleasant. It was hard to believe that the man that raised me even had a contentious bone in his body.

Alisa is off with the girls. All four of them are helping arrange the new daycare. Our girls are precious. They are gonna be great with our pups one day.

I walked up to Demetri's office to check on him. He was here early, earlier than normal. No doubt stress is keeping him from resting. I knocked on the large, heavy, wood door to his office.

"Come in, Beta." Alpha calls.

"Hey man. Came to check on you." I state while taking my seat in the leather chair in front of his cherrywood desk.

"I'm okay. Just doing paperwork. Ordering supplies. Same thing, different day." Demetri breathes out.

"You gonna cut the shit and talk to me?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm not sure if anything is actually wrong." Demetri groaned with his head in his hands.

"Better to talk it out though." I offered.

"Okay" he agreed.

"Goddess you're so stubborn." I laugh.

"I feel like Dad had an attitude with Collin yesterday." Demetri blurts our.

"He did!" I confirm.

"Why?" He asks with a quizzical look.

"That's what we will figure out." I promise.

"How?" Demetri whined.

"This isn't a good look for you Alpha." I said as I waved my hand over his disheveled form.

"Thanks Captain Obvious!" He rolls his eyes.

"You want to come right out and accuse our father?" I ask.

"NO." He whisper shouts.

"Ok, then get your head out of your ass and let's make a plan." I smirk.

I'm not worried about pissing Demetri off. I know how to handle him. He knows I'm just looking out for him.

<<<<<<

We spent the morning discussing possible motives behind our Dad's behavior. To be honest, none of them seemed plausible. Therefore, we decided to snoop.

Real mature, I know.

I feel like a juvenile pup looking for my Dad's collection of porn. Which we never found, if you are wondering.

We have turned the office in his house upside down, although carefully. We made sure that nothing was actually misplaced.

Mom gave us permission, under the premise we needed to look for the original blue prints to the pack house.

Bullshit, but it got us in.

Our parent's took Ari and Izzy to a friend's house so they could go out on a date. We may or may not have encouraged that.