The Beta Male and Female

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Demetri's POV***

A week had passed and Alex became a little less himself with each passing day. Anxiety rippled thru every moment he was without his mate Alisa. I couldn't blame him, as I could sympathize, hypothetically. His feelings of agitation passed thru me frequently and I just wanted to ease his discontented state.

I decided to prepare a surprise for my dear brother and give everyone a much needed vacay from his growingly grumpy attitude. He didn't mean to be so hormonal, but we all understood his current behavior.

In my office, fulfilling my Alpha duties, per usual, I gave Alpha Carter a call to check on the status of Alisa's arrival to finally take her place as the Beta female of our pack. I knew a timeline would ease the tension that plagued Alex daily, making him less than able to go about his duties daily. I just needed to bring him some relief.

"Alpha Carter, Red Moon Pack" he answered.

"Hello Alpha Carter, how are you doing this evening? How are my pack members adjusting to their new pack?" I questioned in a very pleasant tone, as I was truly curious to both requests I had voiced.

"Ah, Alpha Demetri it is absolutely lovely to speak with you again" he said. "The pack members blended beautifully and are quickly becoming an amazing addition to our family. Thank you for the incredible job you have done as an Alpha, it reflects in those members and their ability to mesh with their new surroundings." "I'm doing very well myself, although I have a very newly mated daughter who I can not state the same for." With that last sentence he sighed deeply and you could tell that me and Alpha Carter were feeling one in the same.

"Yes, Carter, I completely know where you are coming from, Alex is anxious and his wolf has been surfacing more times than not to voice his growing frustration with the absence of his mate." I sighed again as I pulled a Benedict Arnold on my Beta's pride.
"With that said," I continued "I was hoping you could update me on a time table for Alisa's arrival. Knowing Alex all to well, I'm sure he is a avoiding being a burden to Alisa by stating his anxiety."

Alpha Carter was kind enough to ease my misfortune "She is planning to come by this weekend. She was going to visit but, myself and Luna Elise will be accompanying her and informing her she will be staying permanently. We love our daughter and we know she is only postponing the transition to appease my wife and I."

This brought me great relief. And I didn't hesitate to communicate my joy in this news "oh thank Moon Goddess!" I laughed. "We will prepare a room for your stay, and a small dinner party to introduce Alisa as our new Beta Female. So please invite Beta Michael and his wife, Beth for the weekend. We will celebrate together!"

Alpha Carter quickly accepted the invite and we agreed to keep the little love birds none the wiser so the surprise would hit them hard. We decided Alpha Carter could use this weekend to witness how well his own pack members were blending into our pack and ended our phone call with affirmation of our sly plans. This was perfect!

I enlisted Efran to keep Alex in the dark regarding his Beta party. Reiterating the element of surprise to Efran, he was all too willing to keep our plans on the down low. I informed both our parents of our weekend plans so they could make preparations and keep everyone task orientated.

Friday was quickly approaching and we trained hard every day this week. Mostly, to keep Alex occupied, but also to make our pack stronger. I was looking forward to showing off a little to Alpha Carter when he visited our pack. It was important for us to continually prove a worthy contender as allies to the Red Moon Pack. They were certainly a strong Ally for any future altercations we may approach.

The day had finally arrived for our special surprise and I woke up with a light heart and giddiness filling my spirit. I was excited to bring joy to my Brother and Beta. This week has been taxing for him and I wanted nothing more than for his shining personality to surface again. Besides, his mood was starting to rub off on me and Efran, and I needed a reprieve.

Everything was in place and I was quietly alerted of the Red Moon Alpha's arrival thru a private mind link with one of my trusted guards. I linked Efran and let him know to head towards the porch with our Beta in tow. My parents and sisters waited patiently on the porch. Their obvious excitement was evident on their cherub faces. We were getting a new family member and they were extremely anxious to watch Alex fall all over himself with the good news. Fortunately, Alex was completely in the dark of his approaching mate, as Alisa herself wanted her "visit" to be a small surprise to her depressed mate.

And the surprise was a success. As Alisa descended the large SUV, Alex had his back to the vehicle, not even noticing the arrival. He was engulfed in a conversation with my father and Efran discussing some new training techniques and a couple breaches in security that needed to be altered. However, once the wind shifted, his face lit up as I assume Alisa's scent of water lilies and gardenias filled his nose.

Alex quickly turned and hopped off the porch like a kid who just saw Santa on Christmas Eve. Alisa ran into his arms and he nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck and growled in pleasure loud enough to make all of us giggle at his expense. Alisa wrapped her hands in his hair and kissed him softly on his lips.

Unfortunately, this sent Alex wolf, Keanu, into a frenzy and he quickly surfaced deepening the kiss to a less than PG rating. I swiftly slapped my hands softly over Ari and Izzy's eyes to prevent them from witnessing the pornography  that was bestowed upon us. Clearing my throat to draw Keanu back into Alex mind, Alex quickly released Alana's hair and removed himself from her face and body. A deep rose blush settled on both Alex and Alisa's face, accompanied by smiles filled with love and longing. (If these two didn't get a cold shower, I would be an uncle in record time!)

The offending party followed Alpha Carter, who was chuckling and Luna Elise who was shaking her head, into the pack house. We all parted to the side of the porch to allow the family to make their entrance to our family room. Ari and Izzy were trailing closely, already trying to forge a bond with their new aunt. And, as always, Alisa did not disappoint. She showered my twin sisters with hugs and kisses, introducing herself while she showed them endless amounts of affection. She then allowed Alex to continue introductions to our parents as well as the rest of the elders of our pack who had congregated for the show.

My Mom was beyond words. Seriously, this woman had no shame. I already overheard the words wedding and grand pups. I rolled my eyes amusingly knowing full well how fast this conversation was going to become uncomfortable for poor Alisa. Alisa took it all in stride, bringing me into yet another state of reverence for our new Beta female. She was a show stopper in every department. I couldn't help but feel truly blessed by the Moon Goddess in my new Sister-n-Law.

I was soon mind linked to the announcement of Beta Michael and Beta Female Beth, of the Red Moon Pack. I walked back to the porch with Efran and Alex at my flanks, to greet our new arrivals. The porch quickly filled with the mass of pack members who were previously in the pack house. We were nothing if not welcoming when we had visitors. I waited patiently, filled with pride at my pack's continuous behavior of hospitality.