Family

💖 Don't forget to vote/comment! 💖

***Demetri's POV***

I walked down the stairs headed toward the kitchen, it was early and I knew most of my pack would be preparing breakfast in our very large kitchen. I liked for everyone to work together because although we may not be equal in rank, we were equal as brothers and sisters in this family.

One of the young pups ran between my legs and I had to steady my feet. I laughed and grabbed Celia ,3, and kissed on her head. She let out a giggle before pressing her hand to my cheek and saying "good morning, Alpha". Then I felt the arms of her sister Emily,4, wrap around my calf. So I flipped her up into my other arm and kissed her head too. "Good morning, Alpha" she giggled. "Breakfast is almost ready." She said.

I threw them over my shoulders and walked them into the kitchen before depositing them on their seats at the bar. I bent down and looked both of the little girls in the eye and not so sternly said "princesses? You know you aren't supposed to run in the house. Someone could get hurt. You almost made your Alpha face plant on the floor." They broke into giggles and both said "Yes, Alpha." I lightly pulled on the bottom of each girls pig tails and gave them a pat on their tiny little heads.

I walked over to the ladies tending to the stove and kissed them both on their cheeks and thanked them for working so hard to feed our family. They smiled and I continued to walk around greeting my members with good mornings while praising them for their hard work as well.

I saw Alex waltzing into the kitchen with his hair poking in all directions and his wrinkled blue jeans, no shirt, of course. I rolled my eyes and then turned to wink at a couple of the pack members who were pulling plates from the cabinet. They giggled, knowing full well my devious intentions.

"Hey Alex? I said, "late night?" He looked at me like I had grown two heads.

He said "Not really! Why?"

I looked up and stated "that musta been one hell of a dream, I heard you moaning on the other side of the house."

He looked at me and red flushed his cheeks and he grabbed the nearest object and flung a spoon right at my forehead. I ducked and laughed, the spoon hitting the bottom of the island.

Then I continued on my mission to make coffee for everyone.

We sat down with plates full of food. Me at the head of the table, my Beta Alex sat to my right, and Gamma Efran on my left. My most high positioned warriors filled the length of the table. While the rest of my members, who lived on the premises, filled the rest of the house and we all ate our breakfast.

As we were finishing up, I stood tall and spoke loud enough for the rest of the wolves to hear me "Training in thirty, you know the drill. Five stations, everyone rotates.

Beta Alex will be helping you with form and endurance today."

With that, I got up and cleared my plate and the plates of anyone else who may have left them. I reminded myself to have a cleaning day so we can keep up this large place. Then I headed to my office to start my morning routine.

Once I got there I remembered some documents I had to tend to, so I pulled them out of the stack and started briefly reading over the contracts for a new building project. We needed a bigger daycare because the one we had was not ample to fit our growing population and I like for the pack to feel comfortable leaving their children in capable hands.

My phone rang and I answered without looking at the caller ID.

"Alpha Demetri, Crescent Moon Pack." I said

"Oh good morning Alpha, this is Alpha Carter of Red Moon." The caller stated.

I kicked my feet back on my desk and leaned back in my chair knowing the conversation wouldn't be too taxing.

He spoke up "we would like to invite your pack down to Red Moon for a party. We haven't been in touch recently, and we all want to get reacquainted.

I answered "sounds good let me know when and we will be there. Is this a formal occasion?"
He chuckled "No just friends getting together, not too many formalities"

"Ok" I said and with that out of the way we discussed some leisurely topics and ended the call on a good note.