Ch. 23

Ace POV

Ace POV

The beast stirring inside me has not fallen back to sleep. He's silently waiting on someone to make one wrong move. I try my hardest to push him back in my head but he fights back. So I decide to let him be. I'm not a believer in God since I won't ever have my heaven or hell but I pray he settles down before this meeting.

Nevaeh POV

I find something decent to wear and I walk to my mates office. I'm in a room full of vampires. Specifically male vampires.

And even more specifically male, wrinkly, stingy, sexist, old hags.

"I see you have your own personal blood bag." One says staring me up and down with hungry cold emotionless eyes.

"And although you won't age I can still see wrinkles growing on you." I say smiling sarcastically tilting my head a little to add the extra effect. I can see the smile Ace is hiding and I walk to the empty chair beside him before something smacks my butt and it felt extremely painful.

Before I can turn around Ace is behind me and he has the man's hand held to the extreme point. We all hear a loud crack and the man winced out trying not to show weakness. "How about we continue with the meeting." Ace hisses throwing the hand roughly back in the male's lap afterwards putting a stern possessive hand around my waist directing me to my chair.

I feel out of place here. I'm a werewolf sitting in a room full of vampires. It's like a all white room and then you place a dark purple vase in there. It doesn't belong.

It's always going to be that way.

"Why is a woman even in here? Dog or not women do not belong in events this important." A wrinkly vampire says wrinkling his face up in disgusts. I'm about to give him some of my own two sense before Ace hisses aloud.

"First of all she is not just any woman, she is my woman and secondly Mr. Dahmer if you haven't noticed times have changed since the eighteen hundreds and personally me as your king believe women rule above us men, would you like to go against your king's beliefs? And honestly I feel quite disrespected by the fact you disrespected something of my possession," Ace asks with a surprisingly calm tone and expression.

"No, my king. I apologize for my rude behavior, I hope you can forgive me." He says looking my way with a small scowl before looking down into his hands.

Wow Ace has all these men kissing his ass.

That's sexy.

"So we are here to talk about the werewolf species." My thoughts stop and my full attention is on the topic of the conversation.

"We should not live along side with the werewolves. They are starting to step out of place." The growl I've been holding in silences the environment. "There's one in the room with us." Someone says in utter disgust.