Ch. 24

I am not allowed to go to the fight but I found a way to sneak out anyways.

I first put the kids to sleep but they wanted their dad. I kinda feel jealous that they don't want me to put them to sleep but I told them that they will see him tomorrow.

I found the fight in a large arena. I leaned on the rail waiting on something to happen. I also decided to masked my scent so Ace wouldn't know I was here.

After waiting about five minutes they finally walked out. Everyone cheered for Ace while a few cheered for the other vampire. They shifted into their were-cats and Ace stood majestic and proud in his form. As soon as the bell ringed Ace lunged for the Vampire neck and many thought it was over at that but the other vampire dodged and grabbed onto Ace tail swinging him back.

I gasped as Ace tail bled many did. Ace look at his tail and growl ferociously. Ace pinned him down snapping a chunk out of the vampire neck but the vampire pushed him off and grabbed onto Ace. He was about to make a kill be Ace swung him off. Ace looked up at me and growled. Tears were in my eyes because Ace was hurt. Guards appeared behind me and started dragging me out I looked at Ace but he only looked at the guards and nodded.

"LET ME GO!" I screamed kicking at them. I kicked one where the sun don't shine but another guard took his place. "LET ME GO! STOP!"

I was bucking like a wild deer and all I could see as I was drug out was Ace pinning the other vampire down biting and snapping at him but he was thrown to the side. I reached for him and all the guards looked at me in sorrow. I fought the entire way to Ace door and when they locked it I tried breaking it down.

"LET ME OUT! I HAVE A RIGHT TO SEE MY MATE!" I scream. I bang on the door and let the tears escape my eyes. I feel his pain through the mate bond.

I'm crying as I feel his pain through the mate bond and I don't even realize that I fall asleep with friends puffy eyes.

Ace POV

I'm in the boxing room throwing punches left and right at the punching bag. I never told Nevaeh that this male was the same age as me.

I'm 4,567 years old.

I never told her that this may be my last day seeing her. As I exited the room onto the dirt floor of the arena I shift into my were-cat. I stand proudly in my form and wait for the right to begin. I lunge for his neck not wasting any time, but of course he dodges. He grabs my tail and I knock him off me. I look at my probably broken tail and growl at him. I pounce on him grabbing a piece of his neck out.

I coincidentally look up to see my beautiful mate staring down at me with tears in her eyes. I don't want her to watch me like this. I mind link the guards to get her out of here and I watch as she's screaming at them to let her go. I nod at the guards and she's crying. I want to end this whole thing just to go hold onto her but I know if I do that this alley cat will take her and my kids.

I'm not good with emotions but I know good enough that as soon as this is over I will make love to the only lover that's ever been in my life. I pounce on the alley cat and he swings me off. Cutting my skin with his razor sharp teeth. Nevaeh. She pops into my mind and I feel her sadness inside me. The alley cat has me pinned down taking bites left and right and I'm losing a lot of blood.

I feel Nevaeh tears and sadness and I slowly stand up using my claws to grab him off of me. I'm weaker than ever but I take this moment to wrap my teeth around his neck and bite down with the little strength I have left. As his head is removed from his body I ignore the screams of joy and slowly and painfully shift back. I drag myself to the coven and drag myself along the halls until I reach my room. I smell her scent and I unlock the door and open it.