Ch. 25

Nevaeh POV

I watch as Ae plays with the kids with the toy equipment and Damien is being his usual mean self. Not letting any other kids near him. Especially the girls. Damien told me yesterday the only girls allowed in his presence is JayJay and me. Of course I just laughed. I believe some girl in the future will melt that cold heart of his.  He's a nice kid....

To people he thinks are worthy of him.

I watch as Caden sneaks behind Ace with a handful of dirt. I smirk as I know exactly what Caden is about to do.

"RAIN!" He yells throwing the dirty in the air above him and Ace but it misses him and lands on Ace.

I laugh out loud and the stingy females beside me scoff. I roll my eyes at the pathetic humans and continue watching my kids with straight admiration. "CADEN!" Ace yells turning around. "DAD!" Caden yells back smiling with the same energy causing Ace to scowl. It would be frightening if he wasn't covered in dirt with a four almost five year old smiling cutely at him.

Ace rolls his eyes and I can't help but laugh louder and Ace looks at me and runs in a human but fast speed my way. Well atleast a speed that's not too suspicious.

He's covered in dirt and I would prefer not to get dirty, I jump from my seat and run the opposite way screaming. I just combed and washed my hair this morning and Ace is about to ruin that hard work. He's catching up fast and the adults around us are watching with awe. This is embarrassing not admirable.

"ACE GO AWAY!" I yell as he's now only a few feet away from me. He wouldn't use his speed in human territory...would he?

I feel him catching up on me and I try my best to move further but as soon as I'm about to make a sharp turn to throw him off he tackles me but makes sure he takes the fall by rolling on his back when we make contact with the ground then quickly flipping us back around to where he's on top. Basically we rolled.

"ACE!" I yell trying to get away as he shakes his head and all the dirt on him falls on me and a big wide smile comes on his face, he rolls over on his back laughing uncontrollably at the look on my face and although it's extremely cute how he's being so carefree away from the castle I'm still mad I have dirt in my hair. "You're sleeping on the couch." I growl but it's not very convincing, Trying to stand up.

He pulls me back down on top of him and kisses my nose. The adults just smile and the teenage whores give us dirty looks as the kids run up to us in full speed with even more dirt and before I can escape Ace's strong hold the kids jump on top of us screaming and laughing. "Mommy's mad!" Aiden laughs out rolling on the ground with Ace.

"All of you are sleeping in the shed," I mumble looking away to hide my smile.

"You wouldn't do that to us would you?" He asks smirking. "She wouldn't-" Damien says holding a small smile on his face.

"Yes. Yes I would." All of their faces scrunches up in the most adorable way and I realize where the kids get it from.

And now I know why I found it so cute when they did.

"You wouldn't do that to yourself would you?" He asks and I roll my eyes taking dirt and flicking it at him. He lets me stand up and I get him back by slowly stand up sliding off himself making sure to rub against him. His eyes open wide and his eyes darken and before he can grab me again I take off running  while dusting the dirt out of my once clean hair. I see guards in the woods laughing at me and I stick my tongue out at them, and glare they quickly look away choking on their laughter.

I met a lot of the guards and they are actually really friendly. Ace will introduce me to his coven in three days so I can meet more of the nicer vampires. It feels weird saying the word coven when you're used to saying pack.