8

- CHAPTER EIGHT: WHO IS HE?章 8: 彼は誰?

8: 彼は誰?

The brunette boy sprinted towards his opponents as he took down one by another. His movements and attacks were smooth and skillful,  and it did not look as if he had a hard time fighting them down.

Although it was ten against one, he did not seem to budge. I watched him as he plunged his swords at his opponents, slashing them on every body parts. The stomach, the thighs and the arms. Most of them fell down with a loud thud, whilst some of them managed to continue the battle.

I was beyond amazed at how high capacity these demigods managed to have. How could they fight like that when they were seriously injured? I couldn't help but feel embarrassed as I knew that I could never do the same.

I could barely fight, and yet here I was, standing alone like a dork while I let my teammate fight all the opponents. Well, I should at least help him out right?

Yeah, it's not called teamwork if I don't jump in and help him.

I confidently clutched my sword in one hand, as I threw the red teams flag down on the ground. I eyed my opponents with a furious look as I dashed towards my opponents.

I entered the battlefield as I tried to slice through one of them. Luckily I had succeeded, and my sword slit through one of the opponents thigh, making him groan in pain. I watched as he fell down with a thud, and I could not help but notice the brunette guy eyeing me with a confused and stunned face.

He watched me with curiosity in his eyes, enough to distract him as he did not notice the blond guy coming towards him, his sword high up in the air, ready to plunge down the brunette haired one.

My eyes travelled from the blonde guy to the brunette in panic, as I dashed towards the brunette.

We made direct eye contact as I hurriedly moved my way in front of the brunette. I engulfed him in a hug. His body went stiff, and his eyes huge as he looked down at my small petite body. "W-what are you doing-"

He barely managed to utter any words as I felt cold metal carve into my skin. The amount of pain I was feeling was beyond words as I felt it scrape down from my collarbones and down to my back.

I felt myself lose balance, as my legs became numb and shaky. My legs wobbled as I fell down to my knees.

The brunette haired boy looked at me with distress in his eyes as he quickly caught me with his arms, supporting my weight with his. "Why did you do that?" He sternly looked at me as he looked at my back, trying to see how deep my wound was.

He looked back at me and gave me a sigh. "Luckily it's not that deep," He sighed, "It's because of the armor you are wearing. It protected parts of your back," he explained to me as he carefully put me down on the ground.

I felt the cold water soak into my clothes, my vision getting blurrier. I looked at the brunette with shaky eyes. The pain was surreal. It felt as if every inch of my body was burning with fire, as my body slowly but surely got teared apart.

The pain never seemed to end, and I could not do anything but to grip tight onto the brunette boys shirt. I felt tears run down my cheeks as I tried to hold bear with the pain as much as possible.

The brunette boy carefully stroked my hair as he tried to cover his face. Although he tried to cover his face as much as possible, I still managed to hint out what he looked like up close. His nose was fair and pretty, and his eyebrows were sharp and beautifully shaped.

His lips were slightly puffy, and he had a serious facial expression plastered on his face. I noticed that his ears were red. I could not tell if it was from all the fighting, or if it was due to the fact that we were close to each other.

"You will heal soon," He assured me, and I shook my head in disbelief. "How?" I shakingly asked him. I felt my eyes get heavier and heavier, and I barely had the power to keep myself awake. "Just focus," He gave a a gentle smile as he carefully laid me down by the lake.

"I will let you get in contact with the water, just in case," He murmured as he stood up. My eyes drifted up to him. He glanced at me one last time before he grabbed his sword again, and dashed towards the blonde.

I watched them as they fought against each other. The metal sounds of swords clashing against each other ringed through my ear, as my vision slowly started to blur away.

"yAH! Gyeongi!" I heard a familiar voice. I turned my head slightly to the side, as I noticed Taehyung running towards me. Taehyung quickly eyed the brunette and the blonde fighting, before he's eyes travelled back to me.

His face softened as he grabbed me by my head and lightly supported my head on his legs. "What happened to you?" He asked me in his distress as he looked at me, trying to study my wounds.

"I tried to protect one of the teammates, and then I got slashed on my back," I lightly chuckled, as I coughed. I felt blood rush out from my mouth the moment I spoke. Taehyung quickly hushed me down as he wiped away the blood from my mouth.

"I think I have to bring you to the nursery house," He nervously said as he tried to bring my arms around his shoulders. I lightly shook my head. "No.., I think I can heal..," I mumbled as I continued to cough.

Taehyung looked at me, "There is no way!" He muttered as he tried to lift me up, however I refused. "I need to stay by the water!" I told him, and Taehyung eyed me with confusion. I sent him an assuring look, telling him to trust me.

Taehyung nervously shifted his eyes to the sides. He nervously bit his lips as he gave out a nod in the end. He helped me guide me a bit tad closer to the water. I felt incredibly thankful as he supported my back, as I carefully tried to touch the water.

Although my body was burning in pain, I tried my best to endure it.

The moment my hands touched the water, I relaxed and closed my eyes. I took slow breaths as I guided the water through my body. I felt refreshed as my body started to absorb the water. The pain that had pierced through my body, eventually disappeared, and I felt my body quickly get back to its normal state.

I looked back at Taehyung with excitement as I showed him my back. "The wound is gone right?" I hummed.

Taehyung watched me in shock, as he saw that the deep wound that was once there, had healed completely. I turned my way back at him and watched as his eyes widened with surprise.

At that moment we heard a loud splash coming from the water. I quickly turned my head to the sound and watched the brunette haired guy breath heavily, his hands shaky.

My eyes travelled from the brunette guy and down to the lake, only to see the blonde guy covered by wounds, blood running down the lake and onwards with the current.

At that moment I watched the brunette guy look at me. His lips slightly curved, "You recovered," he mouthed, before he fell down with a loud thud.