40

- CHAPTER FORTY: THE OPENING OF THE ORNAMENT章 40: オーナメントのオープニング

40: オーナメントのオープニング

My lips curled up as i was forced to look into Cronus's non-existent eyes. Or, at least i wouldn't call them eyes..., i mean Cronus was made out of stones, and the only thing that kept his "body" together, was the electricity that was giving him his energy.

Why would i even bother to explain this? I'm on the verge of dying, and instead of doing anything I'm just helplessly being held in his embrace as i keep talking to myself.

"Since you're going to die, i might as well tell you where the ornament is hidden!" Cronus spoke, repeating the exact same words as he did in my dream.

As he continued to repeat the same things over and over again, i tried my best to loosen my hands from his grip. After a while of tugging and wiggling, i managed to loosen one of my hands.

"Now..., back to the ornament, that thing was eaten long ago, in fact-"

However, Cronus barely managed to finish his sentence, as i cut him off by letting out the loudest yawn ever.

Despite the fact that the rain was harshly pouring down while thunder kept striking like crazy, i couldn't help but get bored over the small "speech" Cronus had.

If he was going to kill me, he could have at least done it immediately. Listening to his dialogue made things less interesting as i couldn't do anything but to just listen, as he was still holding onto me tightly.

Cronus squinted his eyes as he stared down at me, annoyance filling his face as i had just interrupted his sentence.

"How dare you interrupt my senten-"

I let out another cough, interrupting him once again, causing Cronus to let out a groan of displeasure as the storm started getting worse.

"Yeah yeah, the dragon ate the ornament, and now you're going to kill me- I've already heard it all," I complained, as i rested my head on my arm.

Cronus clenched his jaw, as he tried to process what just had happened.

"Nonsense! I haven't told you anything!" he refused.

"Well, it doesn't matter now..., I'm guessing you're done talking right? Is it my turn to say my last words yet?"

He gave me an icy stare, "fine then, what do you want to say in defense before you die," he muttered.

My eyes peeked down to the sides for a split second, before i spoke up, "watch out,"

Cronus gave me a puzzled look, as he tried to figure out the meanings behind my words.

"Watch out?" he uttered.