23

- CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: THE FIRST KEY章 23: 最初のキー

23: 最初のキー

"W-what do we do," Grover stuttered as he eyed the hungry-eyed hellhound.

I watched as Jungkook and Yoongi pulled out their swords.

Yoongi eyed Jungkook with a grin. "Shall we go for it?" Yoongi challenged the younger, and Jungkook sent him an agreeable nod.

"Yah yah yah, be careful, that's no ordinary dog," Hoseok said from a distance. I turned around to see where the orange-haired male went and had noticed that he had hidden behind a stone, staying as far as possible from the hellhound.

"Hoseok! Come closer, you are powerful, are you not?" I teased him, and Hoseok vigorously shook his head. "I'm fine here," he encouraged as he analyzed the current situation in front of him. 

"On the count of three," Jungkook instructed, his muscles tensing.

I, who was hidden behind him, fully enjoyed his muscular biceps that i was being able to gaze at from behind.

"1.....2......3!"

Right before Jungkook and Yoongi managed to budge towards the hellhound, a faint shout was heard from the distance.

We all turned our heads simultaneously towards the sound, only to find Taehyung jogging towards us, a faint smile plastered on his face.

"Tan!" Taehyung cheerfully shouted.

I gave him a puzzled look as i watched him approach us, his arms swayed to both sides as if he was getting ready for a hug.

"Who's Tan-" I barely managed to utter as i watched Taehyung sprint towards the three-headed hellhound.

Hoseok's eyes bulged open, as he screamed at his friend with fear. "DoNT TAEHYUNG!!"

However, Taehyung didn't listen and jumped onto the hellhound. Despite how tall Taehyung was, he looked incrediby small next to the hellhound.

The hellhound let out a snarl as it eyed Taehyung with it's hungry eyes. Scared of what would happen next, i quickly closed my eyes.

After that, no sounds were made.

To my surprise, the silence quickly broke with Taehyung's laughter.

I slowly opened my eyes, only to see that the huge Hellhound was on top of Taehyung's small body, licking his face with joy. As a result, Taehyung couldn't do anything but laugh.

I watched as Grover's eyes went wide as he rubbed his eyes as if he refused to believe what he had just witnessed. The hellhound- which Yoongi and Jungkook were about to attempt to 'hunt' down, was cuddling with Taehyung.