36

- CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: THE CLUTTERED CAVE 章 36: 雑然とした洞窟

36: 雑然とした洞窟

Old Rome was gorgeous, and the architecture and arts were mesmerizing.

Some buildings were in ruins, while some looked like they were in good condition.

Leo had parked Argo II some blocks away from Old Rome and had set the warship on "invisible" mode, so no monsters could detect us from afar.

I pulled out the note i received from Leo earlier, as i searched the area.

Next to the instructions, Festus had given, Leo also drew a small map of Old Rome, making it easier for us to navigate.

"According to the map, it says that the cave where the key and the ornament is, is about half an hour away from here," I told the others.

Hoseok let out a yawn, "there isn't a faster way to get there?" he asked, as he lazily scratched his belly, which was now full and satisfied after having breakfast.

i sadly shook my head, "this is the fastest way," i apologized.

Leo gave out a clap of excitement, as he started walking ahead of the others.

"Let's keep the energy up guys! We're down to one day, so it's best if we use our time wisely," Leo advised, before he slung his arms around Hoseok, forcing him to walk with him.

I nodded in agreement and felt a rush of motivation thanks to Leo's words, as i hurriedly scurried over to Leo and Hoseok, the others trailing from behind.

"It says to go straight for now...," I mumbled, as i kept my eyes plastered.

I was so focused on reading the instructions and analyzing the map Festus had given us, that i totally forgot to pay attention to anything else.

"Gyeongi, watch out!" Jungkook shouted as he ran towards me before he jumped onto me causing me to fall down on the ground.

I watched in confusion as Jungkook's body was hovering over mine.

As i was about to say something, i felt the ground vibrate. Jungkook hurriedly got off of me, as he helped me back on my legs.

The small stones on the ground started shaking continuously, as the spot where i stood on earlier, started shaking. So much that the ground started sinking, causing it to be a huge hole on the ground.

"Run!" Percy warned as he recognized the reasoning behind the sudden earthquake.

Argo II was too far away from us, so we wouldn't reach the boat even if we tried, however, we only managed to run a few inches away from the hole, before a gigantic thick worm-looking like creature shoved its way out of the hole.

The worm sprung up to the air, before it flew down to the ground again, digging yet another hole.

"Taehyung! Watch out!" I panicked, as i watched the ground vibrate near the spot Taehyung was running.