34

- CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: TERMINUS, THE BOSSY GOD 章 34: ボス神、ターミナス

34: ボス神、ターミナス

As we made our way towards what seemed like New Rome, a statue stopped us midway.

The statue had no hands, and looked quite old. I was even more surprised when the statue opened it's eyes as it scanned me and Hazel before it opened his eyes to talk.

"Look at that! Holes on the shirt, that's scandalous!!" the statue nagged as it looked at me with disgust as if i had broken some sort of dressing rule.

"Orange shirt.., a greek god i assume..., and, a child of Poseidon!" the statue spat in disgust before he continued, "you are just like your brother! breaking rules," the statue said, referring to Percy.

Hazel sent the statue a quick look, telling him to act accordingly, "now now Terminus, she's hurt and it's her first time here, you should go easy on her," Hazel calmed down the statue, who's named turned out to be Terminus.

I looked at my shabby clothes that were quite ruined due to the events i had gone through before arriving at Camp Jupiter.

"I didn't know statues could talk...," I mumbled.

Apparently my mumble was loud enough for Terminus to overhear, as he scoffed in disbelief.

"NOT a statue," Terminus emphasized as he continued, "You greek demigods clearly do not know what you are talking about, i Terminus is a god, in flesh, protecting the limits of this private property, of New Rome," Terminus snickered at me.

Hazel attempted to calm down Terminus once again, as she gave him a soft smile.

"Would you let us in? She is badly hurt, you see her left ankle is twisted," Hazel calmly explained, her words soft towards the old statue.

Terminus peeked down on my legs before his chest rose up, "Julia!" he shouted.

A small girl then popped up from behind, a small tray in her hands.

"Please put anything that's sharp enough to be used as a weapon," the small girl kindly asked me.

I looked at Hazel as she signaled me to put down one of the few items i had brought.

Shuffling through my backpack, i placed my sword and my pocket-knife on the tray as i watched Julia walk away with the items.

The moment Julia walked away and disappeared from the corners, the gate into New Rome opened.

Hazel sent Terminus a thankful look before she guided me towards the entrance,

"Do not break rules!" Terminus shouted from afar, as he looked at me with a snicker, "and get a new pair of clothes!" he warned before we disappeared deeper into New Rome.