Part 9: I don't want to miss you like this

A/N: Hey guys! Here's part 9, its a little short but it sets up some great stuff, so just hang in there! Also, I'm definitely updating another part tonight, so stay tuned!

Thanks so so so much for reading! 

Let me know what you think!

thatgoodgirl-faith :) 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karlie

I wiped my makeup off that was now smeared all over my face from my tears. I put on my best face and pressed the video call button on my phone. She answered in seconds and I saw her beautiful face show up on my screen.

“Hey baby!” Taylor squealed. She was sitting on her couch with Olivia on her lap. She was wearing a tank top and sweats, her typical lazy clothing.

“Hi Taylor,” I smiled back. “How are you?”

We talked for hours until I wracked up the nerve to tell her what happened with Josh, but I left out the part where I had thoughts about getting back with him.

“Wow, so he pretty much gave up his company for you?” She said in awe. “He must really be in love with you, but he’s still a dick.” Taylor concluded.

“I know right?” I agreed. “I’m just worried now though…” My voice trailed off her she gave me a confused look.

“What’s there to be worried about, baby?” She asked curiously. “He should have gotten the hint by now.”

“Well that’s the thing,” I sighed. “He knows that I’m with you.”

I could see her freeze through the phone screen.

“Wait… What? How does he know about us?” Her frantic expression made me nervous. We had just started dating, and if anyone found out and it got into the media it could be a big deal. We hadn’t really talked about coming out, but we really should have.

“Well, he doesn’t know that I’m dating you,” I said. Relief flashed over her face and she let out a huge sigh. “But he knows that I’m seeing someone. It’s my fault; he asked me to give him one good reason why I shouldn’t get back with him. I wasn’t going to say anything, but he was really frustrating me with his persistence and it just slipped out. I’m sorry Tay.” I said. I hung my head in guilt, and I so badly wanted to be in her arms.

“Karlie, its not that big of a deal…” She sighed. “All he knows is that you’re with somebody, but he doesn’t know that you’re seeing me, so we don’t have anything to worry about, okay?” She reasoned. I nodded and gave her a smile, even though I still felt a bit paranoid about the whole thing.

“And Karls?” Taylor asked. I looked at her through my phone camera.

“When you get back you and we need to talk about us.” She said. My breath caught and I got nervous again. Most of the times when couples need to ‘talk’ its usually bad news.

“Talk about what Taylor?” I tried to keep my voice steady but she could probably hear its shakiness through the microphone.

“Umm, I think we need to talk about our relationship going public-- or at least, what would happen if it does.” She averted my gaze. Was she thinking of keeping us a secret? It seemed like it, and I never felt more uncomfortable.

“Why? Did you want to keep us a secret?” I asked, the hurt showing on my face. Of course if we went public things would get crazy, with her fans and such, but eventually things would calm down. I didn’t want to just be together privately. I wanted to be able to kiss her on the street, or hold hands with her at a basketball game.

“Karlie, of course not!” She exclaimed. The weight on my chest lightened when she said that and I was glad she agreed with me. “I want to be with you—publicly. I just meant that we should discuss how we are going to tell our publicists, but we’ll save that for when you get home, baby.” Everything felt right again as my fears were erased. If Taylor had wanted to keep us in private I would have been devastated, having to hide my affection for her just doesn’t seem fair—to her or me.

“Okay,” I laughed it off. “I should get to bed now, we have been talking for three hours!” I exclaimed. Taylor laid down on her bed and gave me a smile,

“Yeah, but I wouldn’t mind talking for three more,” She said. “Or I wouldn’t mind to this—“ She paused and took off her shirt. “For a while either, Karls.” Her blue eyes held my gaze and I wanted to grab her and kiss her right there, but we were thousands of miles apart.

“Don’t do this to me Tay,” I groaned. “I have to get up in four hours!” I whined as I shook my fist for dramatic effect.

“Alright, but you’re missing out!” She chimed.

“I know I am!” I said. “But just wait—once I get back, we’ll have some real fun.” I smirked and wiggled my eyebrows at her.

“Don’t do that, you’re such a nerd!” Taylor laughed. “Anyways, I’ll let you get your beauty sleep. Not that you need it… You’re already the most beautiful girl in the world.” Her compliment made me melt inside. I loved her so much, and I couldn’t wait to be back in her arms.

“Aw Tay,” I cried. “And I can’t wait to see your gorgeous face in person in a few more days!” I blew a kiss at her.

“I love you,” I said.

“I love you too,” She replied.

            We waved through our phone screens and hung up. Talking to her about what happened with Josh really made me feel better, and I scolded myself for even thinking about getting back with him earlier. I crawled under my thick comforter and finally let sleep take me for a few hours.

*                                             *                                                      *

1 Week Later

            I was exhausted. I had a photo shoot or fashion show every day since I arrived in London, but it was all worth it. I had rescheduled all of my events for the two weeks so that I had no days off, and in doing so I was able to fly back to New York four days earlier than I had planned, all because I wanted to surprise Taylor. I was already in the cab on the way to her apartment, and I was shaking with excitement. Unfortunately we hadn’t been able to talk since I FaceTimed her last week because I was working eighteen-hour days, and when I was finally off for the night the time difference got in the way. Its okay though, it’ll make seeing her again twice as special. I thought as I smiled to myself. I decided to shoot Taylor a text to see where she was.

            Hey my gorgeous girl! What are you up to today? I asked.

In less than a minute my phone was buzzing with a message from her.

            Hey Karls! I just got to the gym! What about you? The text read. Perfect. I thought to myself. This gave me plenty of time to make a nice dinner for her so we could celebrate being back together.

“We’re here. This is where you wanted me to drop you off, right?” The cabbie asked.

“Yep, this is perfect. Thank you!” I said as I paid him. Taking my suitcase out of the trunk of the cab, I headed towards the entrance to Taylor’s apartment and punched in the gate code. While waiting for the elevator, the best idea dawned on me…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What was Karlie's idea?? Give about an hour and a half and you'll find out!!