Part 33: The Train Runs Off It's Tracks

A/N: So I switched back and forth betwen Taylor and Karlie's POVs here. I hope that's alright with you guys! Let me know what you think!

Maddie :) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taylor

            I awoke the next morning in a daze, unsure of what happened last night. I felt movement to my right, and I prayed that it wasn’t Harry lying next to me. I took a deep breath, then rolled over to find the identity of my bedmate. Lying next to me was a slender figure with a mess of tangled, brown hair.

“Ella, holy fuck. Thank God.” I breathed, reaching over to nudge her on the shoulder. As I grew more alert, the memories of last night slowly came back to me.

            Harry had kissed me in the alley behind the club, after the VMA’s. I vividly remember the taste of his lips and the sensation that I thought I had missed so much. Once I had come to my senses, I wanted to get as far away from him as possible. Before I could pull away from him, he stumbled off of me. I had opened my eyes to see what happened, and my gaze fell onto an enraged Ella, who was pushing him away from me.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” I remember her shouting. “You know that she’s with Karlie, how dare you prey on her like that! Get out of here, I hope you realize what you’ve done.” She spat at him. The look of shock and hurt that flashed on Harry’s face played through my mind, but I shook it off. I didn’t know what had come over me yesterday. Maybe it was talking to him again for the first time since we had split up, or just missing someone’s touch since Karlie was gone. Either way, I felt sick to my stomach, and I started to gag.

            I ran into the bathroom and hung my head over the toilet and vomited. I didn’t want to think about what I had done to Karlie, or about how much it would hurt her. The image of the look on her face when she found out flipped through my mind, and I lurched over the toilet again. Tears started to fall from my eyes from the guilt, but I didn’t stop them. I knew what I did was beyond wrong, and it wasn’t as simple as ‘just a kiss’. I hunched over on the floor in my bathroom and began to sob uncontrollably.

“I’m so sorry Karlie,” I whispered to my self quietly. “How could I have been so fucking stupid!” I slapped my hand against the bathroom cupboard, surprising myself at how hard I had hit it.

            “Taylor? What the?” I heard Ella call from my bed­ and she rushed to my side. “It’s okay, we’ll figure it out, alright?” She cooed quietly. She wrapped her arms around me and stroked the back of my hand.

“I don’t know what I’m going to do,” I sobbed. “Karlie’s going to leave me, I know it. I’m such an idiot.” I groaned. My voice broke and I started to heave.

“Taylor, listen to me,” Ella asserted, looking me in the eyes. “You fucked up. I hate to say it Taylor, but you did. That being said, you have to tell Karlie. She’s coming home this evening, so I think you should wait until you can tell her in person.” She ordered. I shook my head violently.

“No, I can’t do it!” I cried. “It’s going to break her. I don’t want to lose what we have.” I cried. Ella shushed me and held my head against her chest.

“This is something that you have to do, Taylor. You’re going to have to live with the consequences of what happened last night. I know it’s going to hurt, but you can’t keep this a secret—it’s going to haunt you if you don’t.” She reasoned. I inhaled a deep breath, and tried to slow my breathing.