Part 18: Pull me in close, and don't let me go

A/N:  Okay so I have a little surprise for you guys! I made a playlist for this chapter on 8tracks! Trust me, the feels are 1000000x more real if you listen to it while reading this chapter! I posted the link in the comment section below!

Anyways, I really hope you like this chapter, because I am drowning in kaylor feels after writing it. Please please PLEASE let me know what you think, and I love you guys so much!!

Maddison :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karlie

“Taylor, you really didn’t have to do anything for me,” I said for the billionth time in the last few minutes. We were in her car heading back to her place. “I know that it’s our last full night together but the dinner was nice enough as it is!” I smiled at her. Taylor brushed a piece of blonde hair behind her ears and looked out the window.

“Fine, I guess I won’t give you the surprise,” She teased as she raised her eyebrows at me. “Since you don’t want whatever I have to give you… I guess I’ll just return it!” She shrugged her shoulders and gave me a smirk.

“You know I want whatever it is you have to give me!” I exclaimed, grabbing her hand. “I just want you to know that you don’t have to. Just being with you is enough for me.” I said quietly. Taylor’s blue eyes softened and she shuffled a little closer to me.

“I know that Karlie, but I want to.” She said.

“Well I just want you to know that I really appreciate whatever it is,” I said.

“Also, I’m sorry that I didn’t do anything for you.” I apologized with a small laugh. Taylor pulled into her parking spot and we got out of her car, walking into the front lobby.

“You don’t have to,” She started. “I’m the one who’s leaving you, so it seemed fitting that I make up for it.”

            We stood in the elevator in silence, waiting for it to reach her floor. My heart fluttered with anticipation; I had no idea what she could have done or gotten for me. Once the elevator doors opened, she interlaced her fingers with mine and led me down the hallway, smiling back at me. When we reached her door, she stopped and looked at me.

“Okay, you have to wait out here for like, two seconds,” She said. “I’ll shout when you’re good to come in, alright?” She ordered.

“Tay, what did you do?” I asked curiously, tilting my head to the side.

“You have to wait!” She exclaimed. “You’ll find out in a minute.” She said as she crept through the front door.

            I waited in front of her place for what seemed like hours, but when I checked my phone only a few minutes had gone by.

“Okay, you can come in Karlie!” I vaguely heard Taylor yell. I took a deep breath and opened the door. Her apartment looked completely different than when I had last been here. The lights were off, but firefly string lights had been hung up everywhere that I could see in the apartment. It cast an intimate glow, as if it was out of a fairytale. Looking down at the floor, pink rose petals were laid everywhere, with a small path of red petals leading directly to her bedroom. My eyes followed the line of red petals, and as they got to the doorframe of her room I saw Taylor standing where the trail ended. She was leaning against the doorframe with a huge smile on her face, and she looked gorgeous. Taylor donned a black lace bustier and you could see her stomach through the fabric. The boning on the side made the outfit cling on to her curves like it was a second skin, but all I wanted to do was take it off.