Part 49: Heartbreak is your game, but I'm learning

A/N: So this chapter is inspired by the song 'Under the Table' by Banks, and 'Waiting Game' (also by Banks)!!

I'm also bringing back the split POVs in this part (what whaaaat) just to try it again, because I haven't done that in a while! (Part 12 was the last time I think?? :P) I know a few of you liked that so I just thought I would give it another shot! Karlie's POV is pretty short, but I wanted to write it in so that you guys would get more an idea of where I'm headed with this!! Also, thank you SO MUCH for 2K votes and 83K reads! That's crazy! I can't believe so many of you awesome people have stuck with the story! You're all awesome! 

Also, part 50 will hopefully be up tomorrow, and it's going to be extra awesome because why not celebrate being together for 50 chapters, am I right?

P.S. Part 50 will most likely be my last update until after Christmas.. I'll probably aim to get Part 51 up by Boxing Day (December 26th for those of you who don't know what it is!), so we'll see how it goes! :)

P.P.S. I'm REALLY sorry for not updating.. That was redic and hopefully it won't happen again xx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karlie

            I wasn’t sure how much more of this I could take. Leaning against my kitchen counter, I replayed the events that occurred just a few moments ago while the streams of tears continued to roll down my face. Although Taylor had just cut off any hopes of relationship between us I couldn’t bring myself to be mad at her; rather, I was angry with myself for thinking we could go back to the way it was before. Not once, but twice she had broken my heart, and I was naïve enough to still believe that, at one point, she wanted this. She was halfway out the door from the moment she stepped into my life, and I should have come to terms with that sooner.

            I glanced over at the clock on my stove, which displayed a fluorescent green “3:17 AM”. I had to be up in three hours for a shoot, and after my blow up with Taylor I knew I wasn’t going to be emotionally or physically ready. As I stood up and moved towards my bedroom, our argument floated through my mind:

“It would certainly be easier than being with you right now.”

Every fiber of my being prayed that it was all a lie—some sort of sick joke, but I had a feeling that I wasn’t that lucky. A dull ache erupted in my chest at the idea of it all. No matter how badly I wanted her, it wasn’t enough for the both of us, and it never would be. As I crawled underneath the covers in my empty bed, I rolled over onto my back and stared up at the ceiling in the dark. I thought about what Taylor said before she walked out; she wanted me to talk to her, and I wanted to as well. I wanted to tell her that I was over it. I was over letting my guard down and getting crushed. I was over falling for someone that would never feel the same way I did. Most importantly, I was over all of it. I wouldn’t let her weasel her way back into my life, not for a second time, that’s for sure.

*                                                         *                                       * 

Taylor

            Why was I such an idiot? Why did I always have to ruin every good thing in my life? Why did it seem like doing the wrong thing was the only thing I did right? I once had my soul mate in the palm of my hands, but I still felt the need to go chasing after an old flame that died out ages ago. I couldn’t stop my mind from racing through these thoughts as I lay in my cold, empty bed. I was lying on my side, eyes trained outside my bedroom window in an attempt to hold back my tears. Night had long since turned into morning, but I hadn’t moved an inch.