Part 17: The best people in life are free

A/N: Yeah so this one is not that great, it sets up some stuff though! I hate writing "filler chapters" but I mean not every part can be super climatic and exciting right? Anyways, I'll definitely be updating once or twice tomorrow, and you're going to like them I think!

Thanks so much for all of the support guys, I really appreciate it, and thanks so much for reading and voting!

Maddison :) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karlie

            “Karls, I really need to get going!” Taylor managed to blurt out in between kisses. We were lying on my couch just fooling around and trying to kill time, but after she showed me “I Know Places” I didn’t want her to leave. At the time Taylor wrote it we were only together for a week and I hadn’t realized that she felt that strongly towards me until now. Yes, we had said that we loved each other prior to my London trip, but I thought she had just repeated it back to me so that she wouldn’t hurt my feelings. Knowing that she actually loved me now, I never wanted her to leave my sight.

            I’ve been in a lot of relationships in the past, but it was different with Taylor and I. Things may have moved a lot quicker than I imagined they would, but it just felt right to tell her that I loved her. It felt right to spend the night with her, every night. We had only been together for a couple of weeks

            “I’m sure Ryan won’t mind if you’re a little late!” I exclaimed, tugging at the hem of her t-shirt.

“Karlie, I’m sure he will mind,” Taylor replied while raising her hands up to my face. “But, it is still early, and if everything goes well I won’t be too late. Do you want to do dinner tonight?” She asked.

“Yeah, that sounds like a great idea!” I said.

“Alright then, let’s do Club A at 9? We can go back to my place after.” She suggested with a smile.

“Club A? That’s pretty fancy,” I gushed. “What’s the special occasion?” I gave her a playful nudge on the shoulder.

“Well… I am leaving in two days to finish off the Red Tour… And I’ll be gone for two months. I just wanted to do something tonight, that way we can have a quiet evening on our last night together.” What she said hit me like a ton of bricks. Shit. How the hell did I forget about the Red Tour? I thought. The last few days that I was home went by in such a blur that I didn’t have time to think of what was coming up next.

“Oh my God, you’re right Tay,” I said solemnly. “So you better hurry back from the studio so we can make the most of our little bit of time.” I faked a smile and gave her a quick kiss on her cheek.

“I will, but you have to let me leave before I can come back!” She giggled.

“Alright, alright. I’ll see you tonight babe.” I said as I pulled her in for a hug.

“I love you,” She said.

“I love you.” I finished. She grabbed her purse that was on the floor by her ankles and walked out into the hallway.

            Once the door was shut, I slumped down into my couch. Looking around the living room, I observed how quiet my place was without Taylor here. Sure, we had sat in a comfortable silence quite often when we were together, but I could sense that this was the kind of silence that people try to avoid. It was lonely, and I didn’t like it. Thoughts of Taylor being away for two months ran through my head, and I quickly pushed them to the back of my brain. She hasn’t left yet; she’s just out for the day. You need to chill. I thought. Trying to take my mind off of Taylor leaving, I reached for the TV remote and switched to Netflix. After a few minutes of mindless searching, I came to the conclusion that I’ve already seen all of the good movies they had.