Part 47: We've got nothing figured out

A/N: I'm so sorry for the lack of updates, you guys! Unfortunately life gets in the way of literally everything but I'm hoping to be writing all day today so maybe you'll see one more (maybe two more) updates today!

Also, I wanted to thank you so much for 70k reads!! (That's absolutely mindblowing and literally insane??) Thank you to every single one of you who continues to read, comment, and vote on each part, it means the world to me! :) 

Maddie :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karlie

“At least it’s only a few days, Tay. Besides, we’ll both be so busy that it’ll go by before you know it!” I said reassuringly. Taylor and I were standing in JFK, and she was about to board her flight for Japan. Although our previous visits to the airport were somber and ended with (at least) one of us in tears, I didn’t let it get to me this time. It would only be for three days, and I had multiple jobs to focus on this week. I had been itching to get back into modeling, and now that Taylor and I were together it was the only thing that was still missing from my life.

“You’re right,” Taylor agreed, nodding her head slowly. “But, that doesn’t mean I’m not going to miss you!” She squealed. I felt her arms reach around my waist and she pulled me in. Placing my hands on her rosy cheeks, I couldn’t help but smile at how innocent she looked when she scrunched up her nose.

“I know, I’m going to miss you too.” I replied. Taylor’s blue eyes lit up and she let out a short breath.

“It’s only three days though.” She mentioned. It sounded as if she were trying to convince herself more than she were trying to convince me, but I knew that she would be alright.

“Don’t you have a plan to catch?” I asked rhetorically, twisting my head in mock-question. Taylor giggled softly and rubbed her hands along my back.

“I do, actually!” She looked over at the entrance to the gate, and then let her gaze fall back on me. “I should really get going…” She added as her voice trailed off. I leaned in and wrapped my arms around her neck, resting my head on her shoulder.

“Have a safe flight, okay babe? And please call me as soon as you get the chance.” I mumbled into her ear. I felt Taylor nod her head against me and she started to pull away.

“Of course I will, Karlie.” She answered softly. I carefully pressed my lips onto hers and only broke our kiss to allow my forehead to rest on hers.

“I love you.” I breathed. Taylor’s eyes opened and their familiar shade of ocean blue softened as her mouth rose into a smile.

“I love you too.” She said in return, giving me quick peck on my cheek. Then, Taylor bent over and picked up her red leather purse from the nearby chair.

“I’ll see you in three days!” I said excitedly. Taylor had already walked a few feet away from me, but she spun on her heels and flashed her famously beautiful wide-eyed grin my way.

“See you in three days!” She called back.

*                                    *                             *

I was leaning against the railing of my balcony, looking down at the busy street below. It was the early afternoon now, and almost three hours had passed since Taylor’s flight had departed. I was enjoying the silence as I stared at the people on the sidewalk underneath me. For November, it was a fairly warm day; the sun periodically ducked behind the clouds, and a neutral breeze had started up. A pleased sigh escaped from my mouth as I relished in the cityscape around me. New York had always been my favourite city even before I moved here: There was always something to do, everyone was living his or her own unique life, and it was a city that never slept, so to speak.