Part 42: I Want You to Win My Heart

A/N: *casually updates at 4 AM* So yeah I made a playlist on 8tracks and I'll post it in the comments if you feel like listening to it while reading!

Thanks so much guys! I think you're going to enjoy this one! :)

Maddie :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karlie

I stood in front of the mirror in my bathroom applying a rosy shade of pink lipstick. It was around four o’clock and I was just finishing up getting ready in order to head over to Taylor’s for the evening. As soon as I had finished my workout with Justin I called Taylor and we made plans to make dinner at her place. She insisted on going out to get the groceries on her own, so I ended up spending most of the afternoon alone. I figured that I would dress at least somewhat nicely, so I put on the black dress that I bought yesterday; it wasn’t much, but it showed off everything that it needed to, and I knew that Taylor would love it.

Our almost-kiss resided in the forefront of my mind all day, and I craved the taste of her lips on mine. I quickly ran my fingers through my hair, and let out a deep sigh. I was starting to get a little nervous, and my knees felt shaky. I had thought a lot about how we were able to reconnect over the last week, and I decided that I was going to tell Taylor tonight that I was ready to start over. A smile crept on my face at the idea of it, and although I was nervous I knew that it would be worth it in the end. Then, I walked into my living room and dug my phone out of my purse. I was checking my notifications when I came across a new text from Taylor.

* Hey, you’re still coming tonight, right? I already starting cooking, so it should be ready by the time you get here. *

I typed a simple ‘yes—see you soon!’ and stuffed my phone back in my black leather bag. Then, I locked up my apartment and headed for Taylor’s. Fortunately, there wasn’t too much traffic on the way, and I found myself knocking on her front door sooner than I expected. I heard scurried footsteps from the other side, and a few seconds later the sound of the metal chain becoming unlatched rang through my ears. The heavy wooden door swung open and Taylor stood in the entrance with a huge grin on her face.

She was wearing a simple red dress that clung to her perfectly. Her short blonde hair was loose in its natural curls and she had a matching shade of red lipstick to top it off. Trying to stop my eyes from raking down her body was definitely a cruel form of torture. She looked hot, and she knew it.

“Hey Karlie! You didn’t have to knock, you could have walked right in, you know.” She called over her shoulder as we walked through her place.

“I know that, I was just being polite since it’s dinner and all.” I replied shyly. I followed behind her, but I couldn’t move my gaze from the back of her dress—it was backless, and it came together right at the top of her tailbone. I let my eyes wander a little lower, and I was mesmerized by how her hips moved when she walked.

“Karlie? Did you hear a word of what I just said?” Taylor asked, turning her head to the side. She was facing me now, and I knew that she had caught me staring at her.

“What? I’m sorry Taylor, I was just lost in my thoughts.” I stammered. My face felt like it was on fire, and I didn’t need a mirror to know that my cheeks were red.