Part 36: Your Face In A Locket

A/N: So this one is a little short because I have to get up for work in five hours and I'm tired af *cries* but I still wanted to give you guys SOMETHING else since I didn't like where that other chapter left off! Also, there are probably a bunch of spelling/grammar/ stupid repetitive mistakes because I didn't edit this!! I'm so sorry guys!!!!!!

So yeah here's part 36!!

Thank you guys for reading!!!!

Maddie :) 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karlie

            I opened the door of the bright yellow taxi and began to walk across the sidewalk to my childhood home. Even though it had been a few years since I’d been here, it hadn’t changed one bit. The old basketball net from my athletic days sat in the driveway, right between the two burgundy garage doors. I remembered all of the times that my sisters and I had run around for hours, just dribbling the ball back and forth and taking our best shots. Shaking my head with a smile, I started to climb up the steps to the front porch. The same mahogany bench sat to my right, where it had been since my parents bought the house years before I was born. I felt a pang of guilt for visiting so rarely, and for visiting on such poor circumstances. When I had reached the large front doors I wrapped my hand around the brass doorknob, and gave it a turn.

            I didn’t even get the chance to open the door when all of the commotion started.

“Karlie! We’re so happy that you’re finally home!” My mom exclaimed. Her, my dad, and my three sisters were all standing side by side, holding their arms out.

“Hi mom, hi dad,” I replied quietly as I gave them each a hug. I turned to my sisters and matched the excited expression on their faces.

“Hey guys!” I shouted, going in for a group-hug. We all giggled and I turned back to face my family.

“We missed you!” My youngest sister, Kimberly, said.

“I missed all of you too,” I replied. “And I’m sorry that I just showed up out of the blue; I’m just not ready to face everything right now.” My voice broke as I managed to say the last sentence, and I shifted my gaze to my feet.

“Don’t be ridiculous, you can always come home whenever you want, Karlie.” My dad said. He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back. “I’m sorry that Taylor hurt you. It was an awful thing for her to do. Even though we never met her, we could see how much you loved each other just by looking at the covers of the magazines.” He whispered gently. I couldn’t hold back the tears anymore, and I collapsed into my dad’s arms.

“It’s not fair,” I sobbed. He pulled me closer and a few of my tears fell on his shirt. “Why did she have to do it? I loved her—I loved her enough for the both of us.” I admitted. I started hyperventilating and it was almost as if my body forgot how to breath. I took quick, inward breaths and I felt my mom’s hand grab mine.

“Karlie, we know that it hurts, honey,” She soothed. “Come on, let’s get your bed set up. You’ve had a long day.” Leading me by the hand, we both made our way up the stairs, Kimberly, Kariann, and Kristin in tow. They brought up my suitcases for me and placed them against the wall in my room. I sat down on my bed, and Kristin passed me a tissue.

“Thank you,” I mumbled and I gently patted the area under my eyes. They all sat down next to me, and looked at me with sorry eyes. “Don’t look at me like that!” I cried.