Part 27: No Interruption

A/N:

A few things before I let you read this chapter

1) 10K READS?!? YOU GUYS!!!!!! That's so freaking insane. I can't deal. Thank you so much for reading this story, you have no idea how often you all make my day. thank you so so so so so much!!

2) ***Mature Content***** (I won't say anything else about it hahaha)

3) Sorry it took me eons to upload. I physically could not write this chapter. It took me literally 19 hours to plan it and write it out lol

4) I was listening to "Use Me" and "Arch & Point" by Miguel when I was writing this, so if you're feeling extra Kaylor-y then you should totally listen to those songs while reading this chapter. Especally Use Me.

But yeah, thanks so much guys! I really hope that you all enjoy this chapter! And I'll be updating again tomorrow!

Maddie! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Taylor

It had been nearly three hours since Karlie and I said goodnight to each other and left for our separate bedrooms. Having to sleep in a different room than her made me feel incredibly juvenile. Before today, it had been eleven days since we were last together, and the only thing that I wanted was to be back in bed with her. I rolled over countless times, and even tried rearranging the blankets, but nothing was working. I was wide-awake, and sleep just wouldn’t come to me. I turned to my other side once again, and checked the clock on my phone. The time read 3:05 AM.

“Fuck, why can’t I just fall asleep?” I groaned to myself. I sat up and scrolled through the list of meaningless emails on my phone. Then, I checked my Twitter and Instagram feed, just in case something exciting might have happened—which it hadn’t. I continued to scroll through the random apps on my phone hoping that I would grow tired, but I didn’t. Giving up on my phone, I tossed it to the side and sat in silence. I wondered if Karlie was still awake, and suddenly an idea formed in my head.

            I got up out of my bed, and fumbled my way through the dark room until I made it to the door. Opening it silently, I stepped out into the hallway and looked to my left, where my parent’s bedroom was. They had long been asleep, so I wasn’t too worried about them waking up. Then, I turned to my right and made my way down the hall, stopping in front of Karlie’s bedroom door. I took a quick glance across the hallway and noticed that there was a light shining underneath Austin’s door. What the hell is he still doing up? I thought to myself. Moving more quietly than before, I slowly turned the brass doorknob and pushed the door open. The bed was in the corner of the room, and I took in Karlie sleeping peacefully underneath the blankets. I walked up to the side of her bed and gently nudged her on the shoulder. Her short brown hair was in her face, and she was snoring softly. I let out a small giggle at the sight of it, and nudged her a little harder.

“Karlie, wake up!” I whispered, leaning closer to her. She started to shuffle in the bed, and let out a small groan.

“Taylor? What the hell? Do you know what time it is?” She growled. I crawled into the bed with her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

“Shut up!” I scolded. “Austin is still awake across the hall, and I don’t want him to hear us.” Karlie rolled over so that we were facing each other. I placed my hand on her cheek and leaned in to kiss her.