JuSt A fRiEnD.

Sorry guys, it took sooo long to publish this chapter. I was writing it and was halfway through it when suddenly the site reloaded and everything was lost ;-; . Anyways, I wrote it ALL over again and added a few extra parts (words) as a sorry for taking so long! Hope you like the chapter and pls vote and list your feedback :D

Mari POV

Yes, I was doing it! I was going to confess to Adrien about my undeniable love for him.

I woke up super early, excited and nervous all of a sudden as possibilities rushed about in my head. I shook off the anxious feeling that burdened me all night and plastered the brightest smile on my face. I wore a small ladybug-spotted skirt reaching to my knees and a flowy blouse with a green paw print printed on to it. I designed/sewed it especially for this very day.

I tied my hair into my signature pigtails, placed the sleeping Tikki in her bag and set off to school with a fresh chocolate croissant hanging from my mouth.

I arrived to see Alya and Nino chatting together. "Hey, guys!" I called over, waving to them as I walked. "Oh my god! Is the world ending?! Marinette Dupain-Cheng is early?! Bless the heavens!" Alya laughed and Nino chuckled along, not afraid to hide their humour. "Haha, yeah. I'm early." I replied with a smile.

 I saw Adrien in the distance, walking to school. The 5-minute bell rang and I told Alya I would catch up with her. I jogged over to Adrien, without tripping, and smiled awkwardly.

"Hey, A-Adrien!" I tried to say without stuttering. "Hey, Marinette!" He said, smiling his angelic smile. I took a deep breath. 'I can do this' I motivated myself. "Umm, Adrien?" I said, gaining his attention. "Yeah?" He replied. "W-Well, *deep breath* Adrien, I've loved you for ages, your kindness is overwhelming and you're very sweet," I said, rather quickly, while blushing madly.

"Err, Marinette. I'm sorry but, I don't feel the same way... But you are a great friend, the first I ever made! You're just a friend." He smiled guiltily, scratching his nape.

His words hit me like a slap. Tears welled up but I tried not to cry. He took a deep breath to calm my shook state. "Ehehe... Of course, you don't like me! *Who would?* I was just joking anyway!" I said hesitantly.

(*she murmured that part so no one can hear)

He took a ragged deep breath. "You nearly had me there. I thought I'd made you really upset." Adrien chuckled. I showed a wonky smile and without a word slid off to my locker.

How could I be that stupid?! Of course, Adrien Agreste won't love a person like me. A small tear slid its way down to my pale cheeks. 

Abruptly, I felt a sudden pain coming from my right rib spreading all around. "Lady Love, I am Hawkmoth. Someone broke your heart, I grant you the power to break theirs and everyone who did you wrong! In return, you will give me Ladybug and Cat Noirs miraculous!" Hawkmoths voice echoed in my dizzy head. 

Tikki's cry brought me back to the real world. "No," I said, the pain and nausea instantly running from me. The Akuma flew out from my purse and I took no notice of it. Instead of caring about the loose Akuma, I ran to the bakery so I could calm down and relax.

~Timeskip to Patrol~

I sat on an anonymous rooftop, gazing at the busy streets. "Bonjour M'lady" Cat Noir sat next to me; we sat there in silence.

A loud bang destroyed the peaceful silence. I groaned and got up with Chat following. "Let's go." I murmured and we ran across building reaching the louvre. Another 'boom' came from inside and we hurriedly made our way inside.