Letters and Gifts

Marinette's POV

"Kind Regards, Marinette!" I chirped happily as I wrote down the last sentence on the piece of parchment that was decorated with my best cursive writing from top to bottom. I carefully folded it into a neat rectangle and slipped it smoothly inside the pink hand-made letter. "Wow, Marinette! I'm sure Adrien will love it!" Tikki sat perched on my shoulder, gazing at the soft black cat plushy I had made, per Tikki's suggestion, for Adrien.

His birthday was on Saturday, and today was Saturday. No pressure. "I don't know about that Tikki, but I hope he loves it as much as I do. Besides, you are always right and accurate with your opinions." I giggled and she joined in. "Marinette? Are you talking to someone up there?" Maman's voice questioned as I heard her coming up, to which I told Tikki to quickly hide. Maman entered, her cheeks dusted with flour, with a tray covered with croissants and macaroons. "Uh, just talking to myself!" I replied with a nervous grin. She shook her head in dismissal and held out the tray covered with sweet pastries.

"Well, go on! I tried to make a new blueberry croissant recipe and made honey and cinnamon macaroons! Try them, hopefully, they're good so we can place them on sale." She smiled sweetly as my hands shot out from my sides, immediately attacking the croissant and macaroons. I took a bite of one of the croissant and God! It was absolutely delicious. My eyes lit up in delight as I finished the rest of the croissant.
"It's really good Maman," I said while swallowing the last piece. I snatched a macaroon of the tray, Maman raising her
eyebrow in amusement as she watched me gobble down the sweet honey macaroon that was equally as tasty.

My eyes caught the clock and widened up in surprise. "I've got to meet Alya at the Louvre in two minutes!" I squeaked, falling on the floor clumsily as I panicked. Maman helped me up and reminded me to set an alarm as she headed down the stairs to the bakery.

I held my hair while I tried to gather my thoughts. Tikki busily zipped around the room, and by the time I had collected my raging thoughts she held out a simple but cute set of clothes along with peach coloured glasses and purse. "You're the best, you know that?"

"I'm so sorry I'm late Alya!" I let out a pant as I grabbed her shoulder which was shaking from her laughter. "Gurl, I just knew you'd come late so I invited Nino to keep company." I lifted my head to see Nino behind standing behind Alya with a smug smile painted on his face which I so desperately wanted to wipe off his face.

I hastily got myself off Alya and ruffled down my shirt, crimson dusting my cheeks as I waved sheepishly greeting Nino.
"So, what've you got planned for Adrien's Birthdays dudettes?" He threw his arm casually around Alya's shoulder making me grin. "I made him a cat plushy," I replied, Alya raising her brow. "A cat plushy? What gave you that idea?"
I let out a nervous laugh, an excuse forming in my head. "Uh, well... I did some research... and found out he likes black cats." I shrugged, "How about you? What'd you get him?" I focused the attention to Alya, making her smirk fade into a nervous smile. My eyes widened in surprise for the second time today. "You didn't get him anything?" My barely audible voice questioned as I gawked at Alya.

Nino and Alya burst out laughing in unison, my brows knitting together into a confused frown. "Am I missing something here?" I questioned. "Nope!" Alya replied, but her mischievous eyes and her maniac grin said enough. We all went and sat in a booth at the newly opened cafe in the park. We quickly ordered our drinks and delights while we argued over what we're going to do for Adrien's birthday.

Alya let out an unanticipated squeal as I brought my caramel frappe to my lips, inhaling the sugary smell. "Omg! I totally forgot today was Cat Noir's birthday today as well!" She shrieked the whole coffee stores attention on us. She blushed and immediately apologised, the diners going back to their business.
Meanwhile, I started to have a full-on panic attack. I had forgotten my partners birthday was today. And the worse thing is, I have nothing prepared, and we're meeting tonight for patrol. I cursed under my breath but it didn't go unnoticed. "What's wrong Gurl?"
"I, uh, have something important to finish at the bakery... I promised Maman I would be home after a few hours. Ah, hee hee, see you in the afternoon!"