Chapter 2: Golden Orbs

"His eyes, the lost soul

"His eyes, the lost soul. How beautiful it was to know he holds stories underneath those orbs."

___

Clasping to the hem of your sleeves, the freezing breeze was too much for your small figure to take. It was as if the air went straight into the long sleeves, hugging your body tightly, making you feel almost numb at your own presence. Exhaling through the cold thin air, you walk your way up to the stairs.

"i-i swear to God,  I'm not planning on going up to college this early if this was what prepared for me." you silently shiver, feeling the cold air rummaging through the tiny space inside the massive coat you were forced to wear by your mother, not surprisingly.

As you reached the top, your heart immediately warmed up upon seeing the entrance of the building. Hastily, you rush towards the glass framed doors and opened it lightly enough for your figure to go through inside.

To be clear enough here, it wasn't fully your intention to be up this early but apparently, that was what lies inside your mother's head as you were just peacefully sleeping in the early dawn. She decided to wake you up, acting as if you were running late for your first day but as soon as you step outside, you knew your mother was just playing games.

Yet perhaps, maybe your mother knew what was right for you. You silently chuckled, loud enough for only yourself to hear.

Stepping inside, you hug your small freezing figure tightly, helping to regain your body's original heat. That, as you view around the massive hall you were in. There weren't many people inside, although it was enough to build up the nervousness into the pit of your stomach.

You gulped down, clearing your dry throat. It was as if the anxiety and nervous were taking the steer within your brain, making you feel uncomfortable and scared of the new thing life is holding right in front of you.

With a huff, you decided to take a step forward. Signaling to your brain it was time to move forward, get on with life, and get a grip on yourself. This is the new you, and a new life you're about to experience. Nothing can stop you, nothing.

Head high, you took another step, and a step and another one, that keeps going while your brown curious eyes were occupied on observing the places.

The hall you were in was massive, and oddly it feels as if the details, the textures, the aura was just like what you felt in your grandmother's house.

"How odd.." you whispered to yourself, touching the carves gently, eyeing it carefully. Holding it as if it was such a fragile thing to hold. "What is?" a hoarse man's voice echoed through your ear. Surprised at the sudden voice, you step back and now observing the person in front of you.

It was a he. A middle-aged man perhaps, he was as seem to be in his twenties. You noticed there was a cheeky smile he had on, showing his youth era hasn't over yet for him. He had white sleeves up until the crook of his arm, revealing unshaved arm hairs and veiny hands. You glance at his eyes and manage to say something out of your still cold lips.