Chapter 18: Back on track

(To my muslim readers, Happy Eid Al-Fitr!! Eid Mubarak to you all, May god's blessing be showered on you 🥺❤️)

||

"True, our mind is indeed a weapon, but sometimes it can also be the worst place you could ever think of

"True, our mind is indeed a weapon, but sometimes it can also be the worst place you could ever think of."

___

"Mom! We're home!"

The beautiful woman figure right in front of you called, her voice clearing the air of the wooden house you had just stepped into. Tightly gripping onto the large coat you had put on back in Lizzy's cabin and with the still hazy weighted mind, you walk further inside. Following your mother hurried steps as she drops her keys onto one of the desk near the main door.

Although, the image itself was a bit contrast towards each other. You being slow, a frown visible on your tired face, muscles tensed and sore from last night inciden —in which your mother still has no clue about— with your mother being hurry for something, distress on her face, calling your grandmother downstairs.

"Mom-" Your voice came out as very frail, eyes searching for her own. Soon enough, another figure walks by, with again hurried steps just like your mother.

It was your grandmother.

"Oh my god! Pumpkin, where have you been last night?! We were so worried!!" Your grandmother practically manhandled you as she shakes your body vigorously on the spot. Her hands clutching the coat more tighter than you did. She looks so worried, a lump of guilt crept up inside your throat.

"Grandma, I'm sorry. Something came up last night, and I kinda, uh,  I was forced to stay in Lizzy's" You daringly stare back at her eyes, and strangely, your grandmother didn't change her expression. Not one inch. It was as if she knew all along, and just by that thought alone— you were utterly perplexed by her.

Not to mention her reflective eyes. In some way, Her gaze seems off. It felt like she could see through your lies.

"Oh- Oh my! Oh dear, what happened to this then???" You grandmother asked, her tone was a bit higher this time as her eyes wandered around your body, curiously.

"She fell in front of Lizzy's house mom, and it hit pretty badly on the back of her head and her ankles. So yeah, wait Actually by the thought of it, your position must be real funny-"

"Mom." You cut her off, hissing. Rolling your eyes after hearing the satisfied laughter of your mom's teasing.

"Oh dear," The old woman in front of you keep whispering, as if she was chanting a healing spell or something. She kissed your temple a few times before retreating back her head, just to subtly examine the wound right on the side of your temple.