Chapter 26: Are You Ready?

"For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack"

____

"So Y/N."

"Hm?"

"When are you planning to stop reading and actually look at me?"

Lizzy, sitting right beside your composed figure had gushed out loudly. Her screeching voice was almost too loud for your ear that your instinct had work faster than the train of your thoughts. You instantly shut the black leathered-book on your lap almost immediately. The feeling of her scrutinizing gaze observing you firmly sensing your attention of the tension latching on the warm early breeze.

"I-I.. uh, I wasn't reading." You foolishly defended, trying to hinder the book from her vision.

"Uhuh, Really, that's your excuse?" Lizzy's voice mocking you as her muscled arms crossing right in front of her chest. "What are you reading anyway..?" Squinting more of her heated glare, her hands quickly long for the book.

"I- wait no!" Hopelessly, your hands flew right at the said object. Reminding to yourself that she was obviously faster than you, due to her inhumane skills—you huffed a complaining sigh and decided to simply laid back on the oak tree behind both of your figures.

At first, silence and its serenity were all you could sense through your awareness. The changing direction of winds as it passes different bushes and scattered brown leaves around you, subtly caressing onto your bare cold cheek and your leg. Loud cracking noise was the result of the tree branches dropping onto the ground. Cutting its parts from the mother's tree itself.

That exact moment, you gently laid your head onto the wood behind you. Shutting your eyes for a brief moment to recollect everything that has happened in these last days.

Jeon Jungkook.

The Mysteries of this town.

Your grandmother.

Lizzy's brother.

Witches?

those captivating golden spheres.

"You... I- wait, You were reading about werewolves?". Lizzy's voice calmly interrupted the serenity within nature sounds and the hollowness of your mind. Opening one of your eyes at her curiously, you shrugged your lumped shoulder.