Chapter 14 : Saved by the beast

" Throw me to a pack of wolves, and I'll return leading the pack "

______

The evening glow glistens through the closed red silk curtains, flickers thoroughly into the smallest dust floating in the air. Passing the warm air surrounding the room, the grey-haired woman looked up swiftly from her book. Catching the glimpse of the dust passing by her vision, she hesitantly reached to it.

Rubbing the small dust smoothly between her fingers, she noticed how the dust demolished its own form into thin air. The woman then adverts her sharpening gaze towards the clock that was set by her wooden desk, right next to her by the queen-sized bed.

20.00 PM

"Y/N should be home by now." She mumbled softly, her lips chapped due to the dehydration from the past hours— Perhaps, she was too engraved into the book, to even notice the fast pacing of time.

Sighing, she closed the book tightly from her grasp. Putting it onto the desk beside her neatly, she straightens her back as she walks barefoot towards the curtains. She opens it as wide as the opening night, smiling due to how bright the moonlight was, tonight.

Grabbing the silk coat on of her hanger, she puts it around her tall figure. She walks out of her room, the cold air embracing her body at once. Such a contrast towards her own room. The woman walked through the stairs, quickly catching another figure sleeping contently on the couch, inside the living room.

Puzzled, the woman looks around for more. A desperate sigh left her chapped lips as she notices soon enough, however she had come to notice, the action was futile since the person she's looking for was not inside the house. Walking closely towards the sleeping figure on the couch, the old woman smiled softly beneath the dim lights above them.

"Sweetie, wake up."

Shaking timidly under her soft skin, the sleeping woman flutters her eyes open. Her soft hair flowing smoothly from the couch. Slowly opening her lips as a big yawn escape from it, she rubs her panda like eyes to gaze upon the older woman in front of her.

"Mother? What time is it?" She whispered out, a bit wavery due to her sore throat.

"It's 8 pm dear, have you seen Y/N?" The old woman asked, her fingers were still tightly holding the younger woman in front of her. "Mother no- I thought she was home already. Is she not?" the younger asked back, eyes wondering around the room to somewhat catch the small frame of the mentioned girl.

"It's getting late, she should be home by now. I'm worried." The older one said, crouching slightly enough to meet her daughter's gaze directly.