Chapter 1

"Bhai mujhe lagta hai ke mujhe mera sacha pyar mil gaya hai. (Bro, I think I found my true love.)" Fahad spoke loudly over the music as he downed another shot of tequila. Kamran rolled his eyes at his statement while Ibraheem chuckled.

"Yeh is maheenay ka panchwa sacha pyar hai tera. (This is your fifth 'true love' of this month.)" Ibraheem smirked as he poured himself a drink and downed it. He let the drink burn his throat before turning back to Fahad.

"Nahi, yeh wali shayd waqaye ho. Uski shakal dekhi hai? Lagta hai mere liye hi bhani howi hai. (No, I seriously think she is the one. Have you seen her face? She looks like she is made for me.)" Fahad grinned as he eyed the girl who was sitting with her friends and constantly glancing at Fahad.

"Pichli wali ke baray men bhi yehi kaha tha bhai. (You said the same thing about the last one.)" Kamran shook his head in defeat.

"Nahi, nahi, us wali ki awaaz ziada pasand thi shakal se. (No, no, he liked the last one's voice more than face.)" Ibraheem joked and then turned to his vibrating phone. It was a text from Saba. His current girlfriend and someone who was starting to annoy him with every text. Fahad noticed Ibraheem's frowning face and guessed the problem.

"Saba again? Farigh kara usko bhai. Dunya men aur bari kamal larkiyan hen. (Ditch her bro. There are far better girls in the world.)" Fahad said while Kamran nodded his head in agreement. All three of them knew Saba was only together with Ibraheem because of his status and looks. The only reason Ibraheem was with her was because of her eye color. She had grey eyes. Ibraheem had developed an attraction to colored eye girls over the years. Brown eyed girls didn't attract him anymore. He wouldn't even cast them a glance. But right now, even colored eye girls were pissing him off. Not all of them are the same, Ibraheem thought as he read Saba's text and sighed.

Where are you? I miss you. When are you going to talk to my parents about us? – Saba.

Ibraheem scoffed as he read the text. Was she serious? Talk to her parents? Did she think he was serious about her? Time to take step back. Ibraheem contemplated writing a reply. Something direct and short. It's over? We are breaking up? No, Ibraheem couldn't because colored eyed girls were rare. It would take him forever to find another one but this one was definitely annoying him like crazy.

"Haan karta hun iska kuch. (Yeah, I will do something about her.)" Ibraheem replied as he decided not to reply at all and put the phone back on the table. "Aren't you going to your true love?"

"Nah, uske dant nahi achay. (No, I don't like her teeth.)" Fahad replied quickly and Ibraheem smirked.

"Kamran? Tujhe koi pasand nahi? (Kamran, don't you like anyone?)" Ibraheem turned to his cousin who was scrolling through Instagram on his phone. Kamran looked up and made a disgusted face.

"Itni khap daalti hen, men larki k beghair hi khush hun. Jab ammi ne koi pasand karli larki mere liye, us se shadi karlunga. (They are too troublesome, I am happy without a girl in my life. If mother finds a girl for me, I will just marry her.)" Kamran replied dryly and Ibraheem and Fahad nodded in understanding. Typical Kamran. They knew Kamran had only ever liked one girl truly who he had mentioned once in a drunken state. She was someone he had met in childhood and according to what they know, she died or just disappeared from the face of earth.

The same could be said for Ibraheem. He had only ever truly loved one girl, Misha Yousaf. But those feelings were long gone and things had changed in five years. Ibraheem had no idea where she was, what she was doing and frankly, he didn't care at this point. Going down memory lane was dark, dangerous and painful and he didn't want any part of it. Life was good now. Everything was going smoothly. Nothing mattered anymore.

"I just remembered. Bro, when are we going to start campaigning for your elections?" Kamran questioned as he poured himself a drink and downed it quickly to forget the images of the young girl who he had met in childhood. She was gone for good, Kamran, forget her. She is dead. You have looked for her for far too long. She doesn't exist anymore. Kamran convinced himself as he let the drink burn his throat and the images in his head.

"Next Saturday." Ibraheem replied.

"Saturday se yaad aya, Salman Chaudhary ke baray bhai ki mangani hai sunday ko Islamabad main. Kya naam tha banday ka? Haan, Zohaib Chaudhry. Salman ne khaas kaha hai k humne ana hai." Fahad interjected and Ibraheem looked genuinely shocked. Zohaib and Salman are the only sons of the biggest private steel industry in Punjab.

"Bari baat hai Zohaib maan gaya hai mangani k liye. Uski naak par tou koi charti hi nahi thi. (It's shocking to see that Zohaib agreed to get engaged. No girl ever met his standards.)" Ibraheem replied, remembering Zohaib who was two years older than him. He didn't have a lot of interactions with him because he was settled in Islamabad plus Ibraheem got along better with Salman. Zohaib was too sober and dry for him.

"Bakol Salman ke, jiske sath mangani horahi hai woh bilkul uske type ki hai. Plus, unki ammi ki bhi pasand hai woh. Naam mujhe nahi yaad araha lekin mere khayal men Salman ne Arooba bataya tha. (According to Salman, the girl he is getting engaged to is exactly Zohaib's type. Plus, their mother also approves of the girl. I don't remember her name but I think Salman said it was Arooba.) " Fahad replied as he lit up a cigarette.

"Oh? Good for him then. Yeah let's leave on Saturday night for Islamabad then. We got 8 days." Ibraheem answered as he took out a cigarette and started to smoke as well. "We should definitely attend. Salman k azeez bhai ki mangani hai akhir. (It is Salman's precious brother's engagement after all.)"

Author's note:

Hey and Asalam o Alaikum lovelies!

Before you all even jump to conclusions and think I am going to be updating regularly, let me tell y'all that you are wrong. I had an hour free today so I decided to start the book but this does not mean that I am going to be updating regularly. AT ALL. 

I will start the regular updating by the end of December but for now just enjoy the chapter. I might do another update if I get time before end of December but no promises on that.

What did you think of the chapter? Are we hyped or what?