Chapter 41

Misha's POV:

"Farrukh!" A scream erupted from my throat as Farrukh groaned and fell to the ground. The bullet had grazed his leg and there was blood. A lot of it. The blood had seeped through his pants and was dripping on the road. I was about to rush to his side when Ibraheem grabbed me from the waist and pulled me back into his chest. One of his arms was holding me back while he leaned down to talk to me.

"Where do you think you are going?" He whispered lowly into my ear while I turned to glare up at him. Right now, I didn't care about what I said. He had just shot Farrukh. I still couldn't believe it.

"Have you finally lost your mind?! You shot him Ibraheem! Let me go. I need to make sure he is okay." I spit out the words venomously as I tried to break free from him but his grip only tightened even more.

"You are not going anywhere. Especially not near him." Ibraheem said with an absolute tone while pointing towards Farrukh with his gun and after a very long time, I looked at him with cold eyes and he raised an eyebrow in response. "Ayyy, ghussa? (Ayyy, angry?)" Ibraheem almost sounded amused and I realized he was completely out of it. He didn't seem drunk right now. Being angry with him right now was going to be bad. I needed to get across to him some other way.

"Ibraheem, please, we need to help him. I don't know what's gotten into you but seriously, he might bleed out." I pleaded desperately while looking at the blood spilling from Farrukh as he tried to cover it with his bloodied palm. He looked like he was calling someone.

"Well, let's hope he does or I will make sure of that-" Ibraheem was cut short as I heard another voice I knew all too well.

"What the hell was that sound?" The door to my front gate opened and Humayun stepped outside. I felt my breath hitch. Oh God no. He turned to look at Farrukh bleeding on the floor with wide eyes and then his eyes shifted to me in Ibraheem's arms. It didn't take long for Humayun to realize what was going but I was scared at how he would respond and as I feared, he rushed towards us.

"What the fuck are you doing here? Let go of my sister righ-"Humayun started to roar as he stomped towards me and Ibraheem aggressively.

"Ah, ah. Not so fast. Stop right there." Ibraheem warned as he pointed his gun at Humayun and he halted right there. I felt my eyes widening even further. "I wouldn't take another step if I was you."

"Ibraheem, you would not dare. If you hurt my brother, you will regret it." I replied to Ibraheem coldly while I felt his grip on my waist tighten even more. I noticed my mother stepping outside as well and I felt a strong pang of pain in my heart. It was getting hard to breath. The panic was suffocating me.

"If he takes you away from me, he will regret it far more. You are my wife after all."

"What is he talking about Misha?" Humayun slowly stepped back while raising his hands up and moving towards Farrukh instead. Humayun and my mother looked at me with a questioning look and I felt the fear clawing at my lungs making it hard for me to breathe even more. Before I could reply, Ibraheem beat me to it.

"Of course you haven't told them yet, no wonder you were out on a date with that fucker right there. Well let me do the honors and break the good news to you all." I snapped my head up to look at Ibraheem. Was he serious? He wouldn't announce it. Not like this. I gripped Ibraheem's arm tightly to stop him because words wouldn't leave my mouth at all. "Misha aur meri shadi hogayi howi hai. Gee apne sahi suna. Misha Yousaf ab Misha Ibraheem bhan chuki howi hai. Biwi hai meri qanoon ke mutabiq. Apko bohat mubarak ho! (Misha and I have gotten married. Yes, yes you heard right. Misha Yousaf is now Misha Ibraheem. She is my wife legally. A huge congratulations to you all!)" Ibraheem declared with a smile while I felt my heart stop completely. I don't know if it was Ibraheem's grip or his words or the way my family was looking at me or if Farrukh's bleeding leg but I suddenly started to feel light headed.