Chapter 6

Ibraheem's POV continued:

The shock took a while to register. She really had turned her back towards me. I felt Fahad's hand on my shoulder and Kamran's eyes on me but nothing mattered then. Fahad was about to say something but I shrugged his hand off and started to walk in her direction. It had been five years since I had seen her. Five years since she had seen me. I don't know what was going through her head and frankly, I don't know what was going on through my head either, all I knew was, I wanted to look at her and talk to her and that is what I decided to do.

She hadn't once turned around to look at me again so I walked and stood behind her chair where she had seated. I stood there until Zoya looked up at me with a stunned expression and how her eyes shifted from me to Kamran and Fahad who were standing behind me. She looked genuinely at a loss for words. And for some reason, the words took a while to come out of my throat too.

"Misha?" My voice sounded rough. I saw her flinch but she didn't budge. She continued to look away with her back towards me which only pissed me off even more. Instinctively, I grabbed her upper arm and called her out again. "Misha?"

"I don't want to talk to you. Can't you take a hint, Ibraheem?" The words cut deeper than I had expected and yet she looked like she had no remorse on her face. Was this the same person I knew from five years ago? Subconsciously, my grip on her arm tightened. "Mera bazo choro. (Let go of my arm.)" She finally turned her cruel ocean eyes in my direction and looked at me with distaste.

"Meri baat suno aik dafah. (Listen to me once.)" I brought my face closer to her as I pulled her towards me so she could face me properly. She stood up straight and looked up at me challengingly. How can someone change so much? Where was the Misha Yousaf I knew? It was the same eyes, the same hair and the same smile and yet the aura around her was completely different. It felt so unknown, so cold. She felt like a stranger. She looked at me properly for a second and then took a step back while my grip on her arm loosened.

"I said, I don't want to talk to you." Misha said as she freed her arm and then a look of sheer surprise and disgust crossed her face. "Wait, are you drunk, Ibraheem? You reek of alcohol." She squinted her eyes at me and I felt a pang of guilt stab my heart. Dammit. Of all the days, I had decided to take shots today.

"Uh, some alcohol spilled on me." I was at a loss of words. What was I supposed to say? Yes? No? Maybe?

"Sure." She didn't look like she believed a word I had said.

"How have you been?" I genuinely wanted to know. She looked beautiful. So beautiful.

"Why do you care?" I didn't know it was possible for someone's voice to drop a few degrees more. I wanted to know why she was acting so icy towards me.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, just don't do anything stupid. Meri best friend ki mangani hai. Bas chalay jao yahan se. (It's my best friend's engagement. Just go away from here.)" Now that pissed me off. Who the hell did she think she was to dictate to me what I can or cannot do? Lehaz men chup raha but isko kya lagta hai k men chup karke bardasht karta rahunga yeh jo marzi keh lay? Ibraheem Narejo kisi ki nahi sunta. (I am only quiet out of respect but does she really think I will stay silent on whatever she says? Ibraheem Narejo doesn't listen to anyone.)

"Meri baat suno ghour se. Mujhe ghusa na charhana. Mere bhi dost ki mangani hai. Tum koi itni khaas nahi ho. (Listen to me properly. Don't anger me. It's my friend's engagement too. You are not that special.)" I replied and to my surprise, she didn't even look the slightest bit fazed by it.

"Tou menay kaha tha mere pas ao? Agar men mur hi gaye hun tou chor detay na mujhe meray haal par jaise pehlay chora tha. Ab kya takleef hai mere se? (So did I tell you to come to me? If I had turned my back towards you, you should have let me be just like you did before. What do you want from me now?)" She looked seriously bitter.

"Menay kab chora tha? Men nahi badla. Tum badali ho. (When did I leave you? I haven't changed. You have.)" I pointed an accusing finger at her as my voice started to rise. Did she really think it was my fault? Did she forget everything that happened between us?

"Gee gee, sharab tou main pee kar ayi hun na? Aur haan sahi keh rahay ho badal gaye hun men. I am not the Misha you remember. (Yes, yes and I am the one who drank alcohol right? And yeah, you are right, I have changed. I am not the Misha you remember.)" I felt another pang of pain course through my body but decided to put it to the side. Rather than giving an explanation, I started to lose my temper.

"Haan tou pee li hai menay! Meri marzi! Men jo marzi karun! (Yeah so I got drunk! It's my will! I get to do whatever I want!)" I regretted the words the moment they left me. I could sense people looking at us now. All eyes were on us.

"Tou karo! Menay kab kuch kaha hai? Jidher jana hai jao, bas mujhe na tang karo. (So go ahead! When did I say anything about it? Go wherever you want, just don't bother me.)" She looked like she was in pain and I felt my heart ache in response.

"Men sirf tumhara haal pouchne aya tha. Panch saal hogaye hen tumhe dekhay howe. Tum badal gaye ho lekin kuch cheezen kabhi nahi badalti. (All I wanted to know was how you were doing. It's been five years since I last saw you. You might have changed but some things never change.)" I answered truthfully while putting my anger aside. And I swear, for a fraction of a second, I felt her eyes go soft and I saw the glimpse of the Misha I knew from five years ago. I could tell she wanted to respond but my phone started to ring so I took it out while Misha went silent out of consideration. I looked at the phone screen and so did Misha.

'Saba Babe' with a heart emoji was calling. That stupid bitch had changed her caller ID in my phone again. I hated when she did that. Before I could even respond to any of it, I heard Misha scoff loudly.

"Sahi kaha hai. Kuch cheezen waqaye nahi badalti. Jaise k tumhari fitrat. Jao call uthao tumhari babe tumhe call kar rahi hai. Aur dekh liya hai na haal? Dubara na ana. (You are right. Some things never change. For example, your habits. Go pick up the call, your babe is calling you. And you have seen how I am doing now right? Don't come here again.)" The soft person I had seen had disappeared completely behind this wall of ice again. Before I could get a chance to reply, Zohaib and Salman's mother showed up out of nowhere with a fake smile plastered on her face.

"What is the problem, Ibraheem? Why are you bothering Rubab's friend?" Salman's mother looked at us expectantly and I knew that smile all too well. It was a warning for us to behave. A warning to say that it was her son's engagement and she did not want any drama, or else news of this will reach my father and questions will be asked which I am not ready to answer just yet.

"Koi masla nahi hai auntie (There is no issue auntie). There was just a misunderstanding between us." I smiled back and she nodded her head as she looked at Misha.

"Is that right, beeta?" Misha looked from me to auntie and nodded her head.

"Yes." Misha replied softly.

"Well okay. Why don't you all settle down?" Misha and I nodded as Misha sat down with Zoya while my phone started to buzz again so I excused myself to pick up the call.

Is 'Saba Babe' ko tou men batata hun. (I will handle this 'Saba babe' now.)

Author's Note:

Hello and Asalam o Alaikum lovelies!

I actually enjoyed writing this chapter. It felt so legit. What did you guys think? Don't tell me y'all were expecting an adorable reunion? The book wouldn't progress if I didn't mess it up like this lol.

Also, here is another question, should I add an extra part in the next chapter regarding a conversation that happens between Kamran and Zoya?