Chapter 39

Misha's POV:

I turned around just in time to see Farrukh giving me a smug look. The shock had made me drop my phone on the concrete road and the screen cracked. I gasped as I bent down to pick it up. The screen wasn't turning on. Shit, shit, shit. I tapped on the screen again and again but it was pointless. Phone ka janaza uth gaya tha. (The phone was already dead.)

"You don't have to look that disappointed. It hurts my pride." Farrukh stepped closer to me while I scowled at him. Itna manhoos wajood hai iska. (He had such an unfortunate presence.) I continued to ignore him as I looked at my phone pitifully. How was I going to contact Rubab now?

"If it hurts you, just go away." I spat back completely oblivious to how near he was standing to me. He snatched my phone from my hand before I could react. I stared at him in disbelief as he grinned back. So shameless.

"Hey, don't be that petty. I will fix your phone for you." Farrukh offered while pointing towards my phone. His towering height really made it difficult to reach my phone since he was holding it above his head. This annoying prick. It's been like this since we were kids. He would 'accidentally' spill ink on my homework or 'accidentally' break my favorite toy. No wonder we never got along. He was a douchebag.

"Ugh, just go away. Shoo. I will handle it myself." I ushered him to leave but he stood rooted to his spot looking at me with that dark look in his eyes again. "I will ask Humayun bhai or Qasim bhai to replace its screen."

"That's cool but how are you going to contact them? Didn't you tell me your friend had an accident or something? Come on, I will drop you back home. It's the least I can do for being the reason for your screwed up phone." He suggested while smiling pleasantly but I shot down his offer with my glare. He had a point but I wasn't stepping inside his dreaded Mercedes. Hell nah. I didn't trust this minion of darkness.

"I will rather walk. Or I will just call an Uber." I replied uninterestedly as I put my hand forward so he could give me back my phone. "My phone, Farrukh bhai."

"You really need to stop calling me that." Farrukh said as he handed me my phone while scratching the back of his head. I knew exactly what he was talking about. B H A I. It really ticked him off which made me want to mess with him even more.

"Kyun? Izzat raas nahi ati? (Why? You don't like the respect I give you?)" I looked at my phone again while trying to suppress my grin at his irritation. He should have seen this coming.

"Haan nahi ati." He replied in annoyance and I couldn't hold back my grin anymore. "Alright, just get in the car. There is no way I am letting you take an Uber. Chachu won't let me hear the end of it if I do."

"It's okay, they won't know. I won't tell them you came here. Speaking off, what are you doing here anyway?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I came to meet you of course. I was going to call you but then I saw you coming outside on your own so it made things easier. Looks like it's really fate." Farrukh explained while grinning at me and I just rolled my eyes. Is he an idiot or what?

"Fate? More like misfortune." I scoffed while crossing my arms over my chest and staring up at him cautiously. Farrukh started to laugh at this point.

"Are you sure you want to take the Uber?" I was about to reply yes when I spotted Usman coming in our direction. He had a suspicious look on his face as he stared from me to Farrukh to me again. Just great. Haan haan, tum bhi ajao. Koi reh na jaye aj. (Yeah, yeah, you come too. Make sure no one is left behind today.) I glared at Usman to make sure he would just walk away but he increased his pace even more. The moment he was in hearing distance, he started to speak.