Chapter 66

Ibraheem's POV:

It was difficult to get the entire Narejo family to join together for the Baraat. It took a while but I finally did it. I called my cousins from Sydney, New York, Berlin, Italy and Istanbul. Upon hearing that it was the wedding of their favourite cousin, they all gladly complied. Kamran was on the colder side so he didn't mingle with all the cousins unlike me but the brotherhood among us was strong as ever. Hell, they even considered Fahad as one of our own which he was. No questions asked.

Some of them landed on the night of the Mehandi and others reached in the morning today. All of them had their own villas but to fully enjoy the wedding spirits, they all came over to my place. In total, we were around 20 men including Kamran and Fahad and 11 women.

"Misha bhabhi huh? She is quite a beauty. Nice choice Ibraheem bhai. She got any sisters I can marry? Dad keeps asking me to get married." Sultan questioned as he unbuttoned his waist coat and sat back down on the sofa. He was same age as Kamran but the complete opposite. Blunt and talkative. He was from my mother's side.

"What happened to your fiancée?" Bashar questioned as he lit up a cigar and looked around the room as if he was looking for someone. When his eyes landed on Vanya, he relaxed and then looked away almost immediately when she noticed him staring. Vanya was Sultan's younger sister.

"Don't you know? She left his pathetic ass when she found out he fucked up another business. I think he made a loss of a crore in this deal." Rayhaan bhai, Sultan's elder brother replied as he joined us too. "This jet lag is killing me." Sultan glared at his brother but then shrugged his shoulders. Rayhaan side hugged me before sitting on a single sofa.

Sadaf baji followed right after Rayhaan. She was Rayhaan's wife and also our cousin from the paternal side. They were teenage lovers and decided to get married early in their late teens too. They had been married for over ten years now with two kids.

Meerub and Maheen burst inside with their cheerful laugh. They were non identical twins and just really loud and inseparable. I didn't mind them but Kamran hated them with a passion. Probably because they always did something to his car.

"Ibraheem bhai, you are getting married? Really? Wow. That means we would be asked to get married soon too. That sucks. Maybe we should escape back to Berlin. What say, Meerub?" I didn't get a chance to reply as they started to talk among themselves and walked away. I sighed, ignoring them as I turned to look around the room.

Behrouz, Shamsher, Sikandar and Abbas had gone out to look for appropriate clothes because they didn't have the time to shop first. Fahad had tagged along with them because he got along really well with Shamsher and Sikandar since they had similar 'interests.' Abbas just liked the Karachi air while Behrouz was the only one who seriously wanted to buy clothes. He was like Kamran but younger. I wouldn't be surprised if he considers Kamran as his role model.

Daud had called me to tell me his flight was running slightly late and would land an hour late. He was coming straight from Sydney. Daud was becoming a doctor, one without all the fake connections. He was probably the smartest kid in our family academically. Malek, Daud's brother, is two years younger than him and the complete opposite, he had given up education after Alevels and was taking care of the family land in Balouchistan.

Delayr and Jannat were another cousin couple in our family but they were the complete opposites. They hated each other before their marriage. The wedding was done so the relationship between the two families could get better but they were so wrong. Jannat tried running away on the day of their marriage but Delayr dragged her back and married her. After some while, when Jannat got kidnapped by some enemy of Delayr and he saved her, things got better between them. Now they love each other and have a baby. Messed up but that is just how my family is.