Chapter 9

One Week Later.

Misha's POV:

I heard Zoya sigh deeply as she absent mindedly stirred her coffee. She looked tired but she wasn't the only one. Rubab had dark circles under her eyes while I was just done in every single way. So mentally and physically exhausted. It had been a week since Rubab's engagement and the entire drama that had unfolded and all three of us had been going crazy. We had successively blocked all three of them from Instagram the same day within the same hour but our paranoia was making us go crazy because they were too silent. Too unresponsive. It wasn't like their style to be this quiet.

"You think maybe they gave up? As in, they took the hint that we weren't interested?" Zoya said as she sipped her coffee with a positive air around her but all three of us knew that couldn't be true.

"It could be but then again, we know what kind of guys they are. It just seems weird that they would back off just because we blocked them." I replied and then paused remembering Ibraheem's expressions from the engagement and shuddered. Nope, that guy wasn't going to come back into my life. Absolutely not. No. Nada. Nil. Life is good. He better not. I don't need a man, especially not him. "Guys, relax, I think they have grown up and become mature. They won't do anything absurd now." I gave an assuring smile that Zoya returned while Rubab looked like she wanted to strangle something. "What's up with you, Ru?"

"I am not even worried about Fahad but Zohaib is the real issue. I need to get him off my back. He gives off such intense vibes. He has been calling me straight for an entire week saying he wants to meet up and have lunch together. I keep throwing him bullshit stories like I have exams, vivas and stuff." Rubab said while rubbing the side of her head in a circular motion. "I really don't want to meet him, the things he said during the engagement put me off so much."

"Maybe, he is a good guy?" I looked as unsure as Rubab but she was already engaged to him so she couldn't avoid him for long anyway. "How about you meet him and get to know him? Perhaps, the first impression ended badly but he might be, I don't know, uh...." I was at a loss of words. I wanted to say something that wouldn't be offensive but that described him appropriately as well.

"Non-Psychotic?" Zoya replied brutally and I nodded. "Given our track record of men, I understand your concerns Rubab but you are already officially engaged with that guy so Misha is right. Just meet the guy and get to know him? What's the worse he can do anyway?"

"Yeah, you guys are right. It's just a gut feeling though. I will agree to have lunch with him next time he calls." Rubab answered and we gave her an assuring smile.

"Maybe we all are really overthinking all this. I mean, it's been a week. Nothing has happened so far. They might have actually left us alone for good. We should stop going crazy over this. A new chapter of our life begun already. So how about we pretend this never happened and go back to our daily routine? What say?" Zoya's positivity and smile was contagious. I felt my worries slowly dissipate. "And don't worry, Rubab, I don't think Zohaib is as bad as he seems. Give it a try? Your family isn't against you guys meeting either since you are officially together anyway so yeah."

"Yeah, you are right. Let's do that. I feel at peace now. Ugh, this reminds me, I have a group project submission in two days. I gotta take tips from Usman since he is already done with this course." I took out my phone and started typing a message to Usman while Zoya gave me a smirk.

"So how are things with Usman?" I had a feeling this question was coming my way.

"What do you mean?" I feigned ignorance but I knew what context she was talking about. Rubab looked curious too.

"I don't know. Did he confess his undying love for you? When can we meet him anyway? I mean he is your first ever official guy friend after all." Zoya probed me for answers while I rolled my eyes.