Chapter 15

Misha's POV:

"Mujhe tou yakeen nahi araha k woh aisa paghal nikal ayega. Humen kabhi normal mard milengay? (I still cannot believe he turned out to be such a psychopath. Will we ever find normal men?)" I heard Zoya say in exasperation as Rubab narrated the story to us in the bathroom while we fixed her face and applied a nude lipstick so she didn't look dead.

"Men us se shadi nahi karna chahti. Mere tou abhi bhi rongte kharay hojate hen uski akhri baat yaad karke. How do I tell my family? Woh kya sochengay? Men tou badnaam hojaoungi khandaan men. (I can't marry that man guys. I get goosebumps just thinking of what he said at the end. How do I tell my family? What will they think? I will be disgraced in the entire family.)" Rubab sniffed while shivering.

"What did he say at the end?" I questioned as I covered her properly with a shawl.

"He said 'Mangani torne ka sochna bhi maat. Na aisa hona ha, na men aisa honay dunga and agar howa tou tumhe aur tumhare khandaan ko barbaad kardunga.' (Don't even think of breaking the engagement. That will not happen, I won't let it happen and if it does happen, I will ruin you and your family.)" Rubab said as she covered her face. I felt a chill run down my spine while Zoya just froze for a few seconds. We really needed to get out of this mess.

"Don't worry. We will find a way out." I assured her although I had absolutely no idea on how we were going to deal with such a man.

"Yeah, Rubab, don't worry, abhi tumhari dono dostein zinda hen. Tumhe kuch nahi honay dengi. (Don't worry, both of your friends are still alive. We won't let anything happen to you.)" Zoya hugged Rubab and I joined in on the hug. "Kasam se, aik hi ghantay men dou tarah k jhatke lagay hen mujhe aj tou. (I swear, I got two types of shocks in the same hour today.)"

"Dosra jhatka kya tha? (What was the other shock?)" Rubab asked looking interested. I knew this was Zoya's attempt to change the subject so we could lighten the mood. Zoya always knew how to make the mood better. As we were walking out from the bathroom, she began to tell us how her favorite cousins from Canada had returned and how she was out on a roll out with them when she got the news of what happened to Rubab. Suddenly she paused and gasped.

"Yeh idher kya kar rahay hen?! (What the hell are they doing here?)" I turned to look at where she was looking and spotted Ibraheem, Fahad and Kamran standing there. Why the hell were they still here? I thought they had left by now. And when did Kamran show up here? I didn't even have time to think straight because Zoya marched towards them in full rage. Oh God. I followed suit with Rubab walking behind me slowly.

"Tum logon ko masla kya hai akhir? (What is the problem with you guys?)" Zoya gritted her teeth as she accusingly stared at all three of them. Ibraheem stared at me while Fahad's glance would shift from me to Rubab. Kamran just had an emotionless expression on his face as he started at Zoya. "Udher kya dekh rahay ho? Jawab dou mera. (Why are you looking over there? Answer me.)" She then turned to look at Kamran who was looking right at her. "Yeh sab ap logon k dost ka kasoor hai. (This is all because of your friend.)" Zoya said as she poked Kamran's chest. He rose his eyebrow at her.

"Why didn't you guys leave?" I intervened with Rubab standing right behind me. Fahad just shrugged as he craned his neck to look at Rubab while Ibraheem awkwardly rubbed his neck.

"Uh, I wanted to make sure you were alright." The moment Ibraheem said this, both Zoya and Rubab looked at me with accusing stares.

"Yahan akhir ho kya raha hai? Yeh aisay kyun keh raha hai Misha? (What even is happening here? Why is he saying that to you Misha?)" Zoya questioned me and I gulped.

"Wait, calm down. There is an explanation for this. I was too worried about Rubab to tell you about what happened with me today." I rose my hands up in surrender as all eyes turned on me. "Fahad and Ibraheem showed up at my university to talk and well they beat up Usman in the process and that is when I got the call from Rubab. I don't know where Kamran showed up from though." I explained as I involuntarily took a step back. A hyper Zoya was scary.