Chapter 23

Ibraheem's POV:

Holy. That was a close call. I almost thought I would have to shoot myself at least twice to make her believe my love for her but she is Misha Yousaf after all. Fortunately, all it took was a gun to my head to make her realize her feelings. Although, I wouldn't mind getting a hole here and there as long as she became mine so I guess it all ended well, right? Minus the way she was glaring at me currently but we can sort that out later. I guess the reality of the situation finally dawned on her.

Misha Yousaf is mine now. From this day till forever. There was no way I was ever letting anything come between us. No, never. Over my dead body. No, not mine. Their dead bodies. I looked at her and the first thing to come to my mind was that she was mine completely. Every single part of her was mine. Those blue eyes that were staring at me with disbelief, those plump pink lips pursued into a thin line, the delicacy of her skin, the beating of her heart. All mine. I looked at her with such hunger that she flinched and looked away while adjusting her dupatta. I smirked, how the hell was she so perfect? I should have done this five years ago.

"What have I done?" I heard her say in that soft tender voice of hers as she moved her fingers through her hair. Can I just kiss her now? Damn it. I had to hold myself back. You have thought too long on this to screw it over like this. Be patient, Ibraheem. "What am I going to tell my family?"

"What is there to tell, meri jaan? (my life?)" I sat down beside her, putting my finger under her chin to make her look at me. "You are my wife. We decided to get married. That is what you will tell them." I replied calmly and she looked at me in disbelief.

"I can't just tell them that. You want my parents to have a heart attack?" Well, she did have a point. But she can't hide this for long. I want her to move to my house as soon as possible with a proper wedding and all. I was about to respond to her question when someone's phone started to ring. We both looked up to see whose it was. Kamran took out a phone which I knew all too well didn't belong to him. I heard Zoya's sharp exhale as she snatched it from him after scowling at him.

"It's my mother! What do I tell her? Oh my God." She started to panic and Misha got up as well with a look of horror on her face. Right, so this was the part where they all panicked. I kind of saw it coming. I was about to tell Zoya that she should tell the truth but she beat me to it by giving me a warning look. "Ibraheem, don't even start." Misha's deathly stare made me swallow my words.

Both of them turned to Fahad who was busy lighting up a cigarette calmly. He paused and looked at them in confusion. "What?" He questioned as he lit up his cigarette.

"You are the smart one. Think of something. You know full well, we can't tell them the truth. Our parents will kill us." Zoya replied frustrated as if stating the obvious. Did she just indirectly call me dumb? I get that Fahad was the one with the brains but this really bruised my ego including the part where my wife didn't even defend me. She looked like she was actually agreeing with Zoya's statement. On the side lines, I saw Kamran handing Rubab her phone as well. Oh? So that was why they hadn't called the cops or something yet? Makes sense. They looked more prepared than I was.

"Why should I? How does it benefit me?" I heard Fahad scoff. Typical Fahad, he never gave away any information unless it benefited him or us in any way. He was a true capitalist. His indifference didn't last long though because the moment, Rubab stood in front of him, with her arms crossed, he halted and stared into her eyes for a minute.

"Tell us a good reason on why any of us aren't home yet. Make it believable." She replied monotonously and I saw Fahad waver. She narrowed her eyes while daring him to go against her. Silence fell over us for a few seconds as Fahad and Rubab continued to stare at each other. There was this odd tension in the air. Finally, the Fahad - who I had never seen comply with any one's wishes for no apparent reason unless it benefitted him greatly - agreed.