Chapter 47

Ibraheem's POV:

Watching Misha turn her back to me snapped something inside me. She had looked at me with such pain and hate for the first time since we had met each other that it broke my heart. I had to tell her that I did it for her safety but we were way past that. The damage had been done already. I turned to Saba who just looked at a loss of words.

"Not a word to anyone. You hear me? Or I swear, Saba, you will regret it for a lifetime. If you live that is." I warned her before I followed after Misha. I grabbed Misha's wrist to make sure she didn't get far but she snatched her arm from my grasp immediately.

"Haath na lagao mujhe is waqt! (Don't touch me right now!)" She spat back but I had noticed the crack in her voice. Aw man. She was going to cry.

"Meri jaan, meri baat tou sun lo kaam az kaam. (My life, at least listen to me.)" I blocked her way but she refused to make eye contact with me. She tried to get past me but I halted her in her steps by putting my hands on her shoulders. As expected, she struggled against me.

"Ibraheem, men is waqt tumhari shakal tak nahi dekhna chahti. (Ibraheem, I don't even want to look at your face right now.)" Her words cut deep. It ached me to hear this but I really couldn't let her go. I tried to control the anger that was slipping through my mind slowly. Sighing, I closed my eyes for a second to think. She kept struggling against me trying to get free.

There was only one way out of this. Only one that I could think of right now at least. I slowly removed my hands from her shoulders and she tried to move away yet again. I grabbed her from her waist and she finally stopped to look up at me in confusion. Her eyes were glassy but there were no tears. I hoisted her up from the marbled floor and placed her on my shoulder.

I had contemplated whether to carry her bridal style but she would have scratched my face or slapped me or something so it was better this way. Her face was facing my back while her legs were colliding with my chest again and again. I heard her squeal loudly. She started to punch my back repeatedly but her tiny wrists didn't do much damage.

"PUT ME THE DOWN IBRAHEEM!" I heard her scream but I continued walking towards the exit. I noticed eyes on me. Everywhere. Men. Women. Children. Elderly. Everyone was staring at us with wide eyes. No surprise there. I clenched my jaw as I gripped her tightly while taking out my phone from the pocket. I dialed the number of my driver.

"Bring the cars out front. Now." I ordered and then hung up. Misha had resorted to digging her nails into my back now. I would have enjoyed this had the situation been different and we had been in bed but this was not what I had in mind. At all. I then dialed Fahad's number.

"Bring Kamran and come to my place." I told Fahad and I heard him chuckle. He could probably hear the annoyance in my voice.

"Sure, everything alright?" Fahad questioned. I could hear music in the background.

"No." Misha's flailing was frustrating me even more.

"Alright, I will be there in 20." Fahad hung up and I put the phone back into my pocket.

"Ibraheem, put me down right now." I heard her again. Her tone was less lethal than before but she was still mad. Understandable.

"Sorry jaan, I really can't." I replied as I stepped out through the glass sliding doors. It was humid outside which only added to my frustration. I was pretty sure Misha left marks on my back. I spotted the cars immediately and walked to them. The guard opened the door for us. The reason I appreciated this team of guards and driver was because no matter what they saw, they always kept things professional. No questions were ever asked.

I carefully put Misha down and then sat inside as well, handing all the shopping bags to the driver. I instructed him to stay out until I said so. She started to fight the moment she touched the car seat. I grabbed her hands and pinned her down on the seat as I climbed up on top of her making sure to not crush her with my weight. I was glad that the windows were tinted pitch black. Our faces were inches apart. Her eyes were wide open but angry.