Chapter 58

Fahad's POV:

"Fahad, what the hell?" Rubab struggled to get free but I pushed my body harder against hers so that my chest was touching her back. Her voice muffled as I covered her mouth again.

I was glad the hospital had dark alleys like this. The shadows didn't attract any eyes but even if they did, it didn't worry me. I had nothing to lose.

"Why are you avoiding me, huh? I thought we had a deal. It's not like you to back away. You are messing with the wrong person, Rubab. I hate to be used. I will return the favour ten times worse. Mark my words. I am going to let you speak now and if you scream, just know you will be the one branded as crazy. Don't test me." I made sure every single one of my words were clear as I emphasized on them slowly and surely against her ear. "The truth only Rubab."

"I-" Her words were cut off by the ringtone of my phone. I kept my body hard pressed hard against hers as I fished for my phone and attended the call.

"Sahab, it's happening soon." I realized what it meant and the dark smile erupted on my face. Perfect. I hung up and slowly stepped aside.

"Bach gayi ho but ziada daer nahi. (You are safe but not for long.) I will be back." I promised as I let go of her and started to walk in a different direction with a new agenda on my mind.

Some time later

Misha's POV

Well, this was awkward. Extremely awkward. And crowded. SO DAMN CROWDED. Father-in-law and Mother-in-Law were sitting on one sofa on the right side of Ibraheem's bed while Abbu and ammi were sitting on the opposite side on a sofa.

Two middle aged men I have never seen before but was assuming were Fahad and Kamran's fathers were sitting on single sofa seats between the two parties. Fahad was standing beside the man who looked less scary with a playful smile on his face while Kamran stood stiffly beside a man who looked equally stiff. Yep definitely father and son.

Ibraheem had a nonchalant look on his face as he held my hand while I sat on the seat beside his bed. I am so glad we were in the VIP suite of the hotel, it would have been so suffocating.

Not like it wasn't suffocating right now. Oh, there was plenty of space but the air was so thick with tension and stress that I just felt nauseous. I held unto Ibraheem's hand tightly due to the anxiety.

"Relax, meri jaan. There is nothing to worry about. I am right beside you." Ibraheem assured me but he looked nervous too. Not as nervous as me but he kept glancing between our parents. As if things were awkward enough, Humayun stepped inside and glanced at our hand for a long time before sighing and standing beside the sofa where our parents were sitting.

Awkward. Can I just jump out of the window now? Everyone was just staring at each other now. It wasn't this awkward when Mother in Law, Ammi and Abbu had arrived a few hours ago.

Auntie hugged Ibraheem and broke out in tears so we just decided to give them space. Once, she was done we stepped inside, that was when the awkwardness started. It still wasn't bad enough.

I guess my parents really couldn't digest the fact that he was quite literally my husband, I mean it took me a while so it makes sense. I remember how awkward it was a few hours ago.

Flashback

"Asalam o Alaikum uncle, auntie," Ibraheem greeted with a nod. He gave me a 'help me' look and I just shrugged my shoulders in a panic. What was I supposed to do? Stand with my parents or with Ibraheem? Lord. I face-palmed internally. Ibraheem gave me a narrow eyed look which literally said 'tumse tou baad men niptunga men' (I will deal with you later).