Chapter 49

Ibraheem's POV:

She had fallen asleep in my arms. She must have been pretty exhausted. I looked down at her apologetically. You did put her through hell and back, Ibraheem. Shaking the negative thoughts that were slowly emerging in my head, I carefully laid her down, adjusting the pillows so she was comfortable. Wrapping her arms arounds my waist, she snuggled into me.

I looked up at the ceiling.

Allah, are you testing me right now?

Inappropriate thoughts kept invading my mind. Bite her neck, the devil within me whispered. Let her sleep, you have exhausted her enough for today. The saint reasoned. You won't get a chance like this again. The evil countered. She is your wife, she is not going anywhere. The saint glared at the two of us. I shook my head as I snapped my eyes open.

Ignoring the subconscious bickering in my head, I kissed her forehead causing the two entities to disappear. I looked down at her lovingly. This was no less of a miracle. Misha Yousaf was sleeping in my bed, in my house, in Karachi. This reminded me of all the nights I had dreamed of this. To think it would come true, God really was great. Shukar Alhamdulilah.

Once I was sure she was in deep sleep, I carefully removed her arms from my waist to make sure she didn't wake up. She moaned a little but I successfully detached myself from her. I was about to cover her with a bedspread but she suddenly grabbed my hand. I jolted as I turned to her but noticed that she was frowning in her sleep.

"Don't...go...Ibraheem," she mumbled softly an I felt my heart warm up. I held her hand tightly. "Don't...leave...me...again."

Enveloping her hand with both of my hands, I kissed it. "Never again, Meri jaan." Her frown disappeared slowly and her facial features softened as she fell back into deep sleep again, holding my hand tightly in hers.

Deciding to stay by Misha's side, I took out my phone texting the boys to leave the conversation regarding Shahbaz to morning and that it was already late and they should just rest up in the guest rooms. Once they responded with an okay and a smirk emoji, I rolled my eyes as I put my phone on the side table.

Not letting go of Misha's hand, I laid down besides her, looking at her as I fell into a deep slumber as well.

Misha's POV:

I woke up to a cold, empty bed. I blinked quickly as I looked around in shock. Instantly, I recognized the room as Ibraheem's and sighed in relief, remembering the events of last night. I looked down to see the silver pendant hanging from my neck. I felt my heart skip a beat.

I had woken up in the middle of the night due to an unknown fright but calmed down almost immediately when I noticed Ibraheem lying beside me deep in sleep. His hand holding mine. I smiled as I looked at him warmly.

I had pushed a strand of my hair back while kissing his forehead tenderly, making sure not to wake him up before I fell asleep again. Thinking now, it had felt really unreal to be sleeping in the same bed with him. It made me realize that life could leave you speechless at any time.

I scanned the spacious room and spotted a yellow sticky note on the side table.

To my dear wifey,
Good morning. I hope you had a good sleep. I am going out for a bit but don't worry I will be back soon. The food is on the kitchen counter. The cook is around so if you want to eat something just let her know.
Yours only,
Ibraheem.

I let out a giggle as I put it down. Damn, he was cheesy. I got out of the bed and stretched hearing my joints crack in response. Yikes. Food comes later. I needed to wash and change my pad. I looked around to find the door to the bathroom so I could wash my face. I recognized the door that I had entered from last night which means the other door probably leads to the bathroom. There was a sticky note attached to it.