Chapter 28

Fahad's POV:

"Fahad...Abroo? Tu idher kya kar raha hai? (Fahad....Abroo? What are you doing here?)" Well, he definitely looked confused. His frown didn't last long though as he spotted Rubab standing behind me. I am not going to lie. The ice block using me as a shield really boasted my ego.

"Kya lag raha hai? Apni bandi ko ghar chorne aya hun. (What does it look like? I am dropping my woman home.)" I replied nonchalantly. I was calm. I am always calm. Ibraheem and Kamran always wondered how I remained stress-free in panic situations. I smiled at Zohaib who looked borderline pissed. No surprise there. I did just admit that his fiancée is my woman.

"Bandi? Kya bakwas kar raha hai tu? Apne hosh men tou hai? Rubab meri mangetar hai! (Woman? What bullshit are you saying? Are you in your senses? Rubab is my fiancée.)" He pushed me slightly but I didn't budge at all. I noticed Rubab's parents stepping outside as well looking concerned. No, not concerned. Outright scared. Should I go introduce myself? No, now is not the time. Zohaib would take away my spotlight. I felt Rubab tense up behind me.

"Ziada daer nahi rahegi. (It won't last long.)" I stared right back into his eyes.

"Tujhe ahsas bhi hai k tu kya galti karne ja raha hai? Abroo khandan k sath hum sab rishtay khatam kardengay. Dushmani hojayegi. (Do you even realise what mistake you are about to make? We will break ties with the Abroo family. A war will ensue.)" He warned while taking a step towards me. Rather than backing out, I took a step towards him and smiled. A smile that didn't reach my eyes.

"Acha phir? (Okay then?)"

"Rubab, I warned you not to do anything stupid. You are going to regret this once I am done with him." He was directing his attention to Rubab now but she remained completely silent. Was I being ignored in this situation? He then turned to me. "This engagement will not break."

"Acha? Dekhte hen. (Yeah? Let's see.)" I smiled for the last time before I dropped the bat on the ground and landed a punch square on his jaw. Fighting wasn't really my style. It ruined the classy image I had set but I had to leave an impression on her parents. He took a few steps back in absolute shock. But it didn't take him long to recover. He charged towards me but I dodged his attack smoothly. I aimed for his stomach this time but he dodged it as well as he kicked me in the stomach. I stumbled back and he used that chance to punch my throat causing me to gag and fall on my knees.

I felt my world spinning. I didn't want to use the bat because it would give a ruthless brutish image to her parents but this was really meddlesome. I gripped my neck in pain, trying to regain my balance but in those few seconds, that gorilla had already reached Rubab. Her scream made me snap my head up in her direction. The scene before me snapped all strands of sanity within me. He had gripped her hair and was shaking her back and forth.

"I WARNED YOU, DIDN'T I? NOT TO MESS WITH ME? I WILL RUIN YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. JUST WATCH!" He roared in her ears as he continued to hold her hair in a death grip. Rubab's face was contorted in pain as she tried to free herself. In those few seconds, I watched Rubab's parents gape in shock as Rubab's father started to rush towards Zohaib as well. He was about to help his daughter when Zohaib slapped him as well.

That was fucking it.

Within seconds, I was behind Zohaib with the cricket bat. I slammed the bat in his head with a cracking sound. Did the bat break or his skull? Who the fuck cares. He immediately let go of Rubab. I watched Rubab scurry away to her father. I rotated the bat and slammed it in his arm this time. Another crack. And another. Once he was on the ground, I landed punch after punch on his face until my hands were bloody. I didn't stop until I heard Rubab call out to me.

"You will kill him." I heard her soft voice behind me and paused as I looked down at him. He was out cold. Very bloody. So much for setting a sophisticated image of me. I got off from him and turned to Rubab. I wanted to tell her that it was logical to kill him but I had to be smart right now. It was finally time for my spotlight.