Chapter 50

Misha's POV:

Ibraheem's hand was casually draped over my shoulder as he sat on the sofa beside me. He pulled me closer to him so that my arm was touching his chest that was exuding heat.

Thankfully, Fahad had put on a plain black t-shirt by now. He crossed his arms over his chest as leaned against the door frame while training his eyes at Ibraheem's father who was pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. Ibraheem's mother stood beside him with her hand on his shoulder and every few seconds, she would squeeze it gently causing Uncle's facial expressions to soften just a bit.

Meanwhile, Kamran was sitting on a nearby chair with his hands resting on the backrest of the chair and his legs dangling from each side.  The air was dense with tension. Gulping, I decided to ask the dreaded question since no one was saying anything,

"So, who is Shahbaz?" The only Shahbaz I knew of was Zoya's older brother but he had moved to Australia to pursue his degree further so I am sure they weren't talking about him. On my question, the men shared a look for a few seconds before deciding to address my question.

"He is Ibraheem's political rival." Uncle replied and I mouthed an 'Oh' as he continued to speak. "In the past month or so, on multiple occasions, he has tried to harm my son."

Huh? This was news to me. I glanced in Ibraheem's direction but he seemed to be deep in thought. Uncle picked up a cigar from a box from the glass table and lit it up. After taking a drag of the cigar and exhaling smoke, he continued, "Ibraheem, if he knows about Misha, you need to send her back to her house. That would be the safest. Fahad and Kamran, call your fathers. We are going to close this chapter for good." Ibraheem stiffly nodded while Kamran and Fahad took out their phones and left the lounge to probably talk on call. "Ibraheem, I have trained you well enough, what do you do in this situation?"

He gave me a wary look before turning to his father again to reply, "Gain the upper hand."

"How will you do it?"

"I will have the men kidnap Shahbaz's younger brother."  I blinked. Once. Twice.

Wait, did I hear that right? I covered my mouth, totally stunned at his statement. Ibraheem didn't look at me even once but his hand that was resting on my shoulder had moved to my thigh and he squeezed it gently.

"Good. That is the first thing you are going to do once you send Misha off safely. Apologize to her family for pulling the stunt from earlier. Don't forget, they are your in-laws now." Uncle instructed while the two of us listened in absolute silence. "Take the private jet. Make sure you aren't followed. Kamran and Fahad will go as well. It's not safe to send you alone."

"Gee, abbu." Ibraheem answered before getting up and look at me. "Let's go, Misha."

"Misha, I hope the next time we meet, it's under better circumstances." Uncle said and I gave him a small smile.

"In Shaa Allah uncle." And with that, we walked away from the lounge and to Ibraheem's bedroom. The moment we entered, I was ready to bombard Ibraheem with questions but he beat me to it.

"If I don't kidnap him, Shahbaz will kill me. He has tried before. He will try again. I know you are against this but this is just how politics is." He spoke without looking at me. He stepped inside the walk in wardrobe and I followed. "I am sorry for not telling you about this before. This is why I lied infront of Saba. I had a feeling she knew Shahbaz. I didn't want that asshole to know about you because then he would have found my weakness. Too late for that."

"I am sorry." That was all I could say after processing everything. I had brought trouble to Ibraheem due to my childish behaviour. I should have known better. 

"I know that look. Don't guilt trip yourself, jaan. It's not entirely your fault. I didn't tell you either. We are both at fault. Don't worry, I will handle it. Like abbu said, we will close this chapter for good, hopefully." Ibraheem assured me softly as he settled into a sofa and gave me a comforting glance. One that I genuinely returned.

Ibraheem's POV:

"Misha," I called softly, watching as she turned to meet my gaze with a bit of anxiety.

"Ibraheem," she said, a faint smile gracing her lips as I ushered her to come sit beside me on the sofa.

Sitting beside her, I took her hand in mine, feeling the warmth of her touch. "I still can't believe you are my wife."

Her eyes flickered with a mix of emotions, and I knew she was carrying the weight of our troubles on her shoulders. "Ibraheem, about what happened—"

I gently placed a finger on her lips, silencing her. "Shhh, meri jaan. I know. But listen to me, I'll figure it out. I promise."

Her eyes searched mine, seeking reassurance. "I'm scared, Ibraheem. I don't want this to cause more problems for us. We already have enough."

I drew her closer, enveloping her in a reassuring embrace. It was more of a side hug. "You're the strongest person I know, Misha. Your positivity, your unwavering spirit—those are the things I fell in love with. And I won't let anything dim that light."

I felt her relax against me, her head resting on my shoulder. "You always know what to say," she murmured.

"I'll fix this, Misha. You deserve the world, and I'll make sure you have it," I vowed, brushing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

I felt her fingers lace with mine, her touch grounding me in the moment. "I don't know what I did to deserve you," she whispered.

"You didn't have to do anything. You're inherently beautiful, Misha," I said, my voice filled with admiration. "Inside and out. The way your eyes light up when you smile, the way you laugh. It's all I need. I'm the lucky one to have you in my life." A soft blush tinted her cheek. "I love you, Misha Yousaf. And I'll always be here, through it all."

As the evening draped us in its embrace, I held her close, promising to mend our troubles, to cherish her resilience, and to treasure every moment we shared. For she was not just my wife; she was my hope, and I'd navigate any storm as long as she was by my side.

Author's Note:

Hello and Asalam o Alaikum Lovelies!

I hope all of you are well and safe. I am gradually getting better so I have decided to continue writing. Did y'all miss me? I will try to update as regularly as I can but my mind is a mess these days.

So what did you think of this chapter?