Chapter 40

Misha's POV:

"Gee gee Chachi, Misha mere sath hi hai. Men bas wapis araha hun. Das pandra minute tak ghar ajayengay. (Yes, yes, Chachi, Misha is with me. I am on my way back. We will be home in 10 to 15 minutes.)" I heard Farrukh speak on the phone while keeping one hand on the steering wheel and keeping his eyes on the road. I looked outside the window and noticed that the sun had already set and it was around 7 in the evening right now. I couldn't believe we had spent so much time together reminiscing old times, plus it took forever for us to get food. It was oddly refreshing but I looked down at my phone pitifully. Once he hung up, Farrukh noticed me staring at my phone. I heard him groan as he said, "Ah, crap, I totally forgot about the phone. Shall I get it fixed now?"

"No, it's alright. I will ask Abbu or Humayun." I replied back politely. I really needed to get it fixed as soon as possible though. I missed Ibraheem so much. I wanted to know how he was doing and whether he was done with the political problem he had going on. I had a huge surprise for him and I was sure he was going to love it. I grinned to myself as I remembered my plan for the next one week. He is going to be so happy when I tell him.

"What are you thinking about? You are smiling like an idiot." Farrukh pointed out with a smirk. I rolled my eyes.

"Nothing you need to know." I answered and he put a hand on his heart as he looked at me with a frown.

"That hurts me, you know. You still don't trust me? Come on, we practically grew up together, KishMish." I groaned as I remembered the nickname he had established for me from back then. Why did he even remember it now? Ugh.

"Don't call me that." I mumbled in annoyance. Kishmish was such a cringy nickname.

"Call you what?" He looked at me innocently and I scowled. He is such a sadist. I punched his arm like I used to as a child and he swerved the car slightly while laughing while I panicked. We were already back on the street to my house.

"Don't do that Kishmish or I am going to crash the car into your main gate." Farrukh laughed as I decided to stop. Knowing how sadistic he was, he might actually give me a trailer of that. Once we stopped in front of my house, we both stepped out as I decided to offer him to come in as a formality.

"Do you want to come inside? Meet ammi? And the brothers?" I offered awkwardly as I pointed towards the house. He just smirked as he stepped towards me.

"Nah, I am already pretty late. My best friend, Salman invited me to a rav-I mean party so I am heading out. I have to switch cars and pick up friends on the way to the farmhouse so yeah." Farrukh answered sincerely. I definitely noticed how he meant to say rave but decided to ignore it instead. I gave him a small smile as I nodded. I was about to head inside but he looked like he wanted to say something so I stopped to make sure. He suddenly put both of his hands on my shoulder as he looked down at me with warm eyes. He squeezed them gently as he leaned down slightly while I flinched in surprise. "Misha, if you are ever in trouble or need help, just know I am here for you alright? I mean it. I know we haven't been close lately but I consider you my genuine family so remember you will always-"

Farrukh wasn't able to complete his sentence as someone detached his arms from my shoulder and he practically flew backwards from the force of a punch. My eyes widened as I watched a familiar back lunge himself unto Farrukh. Another punch landed on Farrukh and I finally snapped out of the shock.

"Ibraheem?!" I gasped as I looked at him closely. It really was him but he looked so angry. He was seething out in anger and his eyes were red as he threw multiple punches. "What are you doing here?!" I tried to stop him from beating Farrukh half to death but Fahad stepped in front of me with a very serious expression.

"Bhabhi, stay back. Ibraheem isn't in his right mind right now." I pushed Fahad to the side as I tried to stop Ibraheem but he stared back at me with a look that paralyzed me with shock.

"Ibraheem, what are you doing? That is my cousi-" I wasn't able to complete my sentence as Farrukh threw a punch at Ibraheem causing him to stumble back. He wiped the blood of his lip as he looked at Farrukh with murder in his eyes. Farrukh stepped in front of me defensively while rubbing his own bruised face.

"I don't know what the fuck is wrong with you man but stay away from my cousin." I heard Farrukh say in rage as well.

"Cousin? You think I give a fuck? That woman is my wife. You back the fuck off!" Ibraheem pushed him roughly again and again as he landed another punch on a shocked Farrukh. I covered my mouth in response to what Ibraheem had said. I had to stop him. He had gone crazy. I tried to come between him and Farrukh but Ibraheem looked at me with narrowed warning eyes.

"Ibraheem stop! You are misunderstanding something here." I tried to explain but he wasn't having it.

"Tumse tou baat men nipatunga men. Men pehle is salay ko marlun. Yeh hota kon hai meri biwi ko hath lagane wala? (I will deal with you later personally. I am going to kill this fucker first. Who the hell does he think he is to touch my wife like that?)" I was about to intervene again when Ibraheem looked at Fahad seriously. "Fahad, Misha ko pakro jab tak men is ko maar nahi deta. (Fahad, hold Misha back until I kill him.)" 

"Misha, what the hell is he talking about?" Farrukh punched Ibraheem again as he looked at me with confusion and anger. I was too speechless to respond. "Wife?"

"Keep your eyes on me." Ibraheem said as he charged towards Farrukh again. Why was he so mad anyway?

Ibraheem's POV:

I had taken the first flight to Lahore. I was even planning to drive all the way to Lahore if I had too. She wasn't picking up my phone. Her phone was turned off. I decided to go to her house to ask her family directly. I didn't give a fuck if they lost their shit. As long as she was okay. I drove straight from the airport like a mad man. The entire time my heart was thumping like crazy. And then I saw her.

With him.

I watched her step outside of his car. I saw her smiling up at him. I had watched him put his hands on her as he grew closer to her. My hands that were gripping the steering wheel turned white with anger as I stepped outside of the car. I had been looking for her everywhere and she was out with him? Was she on a fucking date? I know that face. Farrukh Arbaaz. Despite my warning she was out with him? How dare that fucker come near her? She was mine.

Mine.

She was mine.

All mine. All of her belonged to me.

How dare he touch her? I felt my sanity slip. I could hear Fahad trying to tell me something but anything he said was not getting across. There was a ringing in my head. I couldn't hear anything as I felt my eyes burn at the sight I was watching. Mine. Mine. Mine. The words kept repeating in my head as I made my way towards them.

Everything was a blur as I landed punches on him. It felt so satisfying. The knuckles that were drenched in his blood and the look of terror in his eyes. It was satisfying until she stopped me. Why was she defending him over me? Had her priorities changed in a span of few hours? My blood boiled even more.

She was stopping me again and again even with Fahad trying to hold her back. Why the hell was she supporting him over me? Mine. She was mine. Did she forget that? My wife. My world. My life. What had he done to her? What did they do together for her to act like this? I felt my head spin in anger. I took out the revolver as I pointed it towards Farrukh and everyone stopped dead in their tracks. Misha looked at me with a horrified look on her face.

"Ibraheem, calm down." I heard Fahad's distant voice.

"Ibraheem, babe, listen to me-"I felt Misha step towards me which soothed me but then Farrukh grabbed her arm and that was the final straw. I pointed the gun at Farrukh and pulled the trigger. A gun shot echoed in the air.

Author's Note:

Hello and Asalam o Alaikum lovelies!

You all wanted a crazy Ibraheem. You got him. The next chapters are gonna be even crazier so brace yourselves. How are we feeling after this chapter?