Chapter 27

Kamran's POV:

It really was her. It had been thirteen years. I finally found her after a decade. She really was Anushay. I looked at her closely. How could I not have seen it before? The way she smiled and frowned was exactly the same. The color of her skin, the shape of her eyes, everything about her screamed Anushay. I was probably in denial before. Deep down, I didn't think that I would actually find her after all this time. But I knew she wasn't actually dead. I refused to believe those reports even then.

"Anushay, or should I say Zoya, come here." I liked the sound of Zoya too. It wasn't as comforting as Anushay but it was her. She could rename herself whatever she wanted as long as she was my Anushay. I put my hand towards her. I wanted her to hold my hand like before. I wanted to feel her warmth like before. I could finally feel like my heart was beating again after thirteen years. The time that had stood still had resumed in that moment. She looked at my hand in shock. 

"Listen, you better get lost or we will remove you from here forcefully." I heard the man beside her warn me. Well, I need to get rid of the annoyances first. Nothing could stop me from going to her now. I finally found her. I looked at her and she stared back at me with horror. I took out my pistol and aimed it at one of the younger looking males. What I wasn't expecting was all three of them to take out their pistols and aim at me as well. Well, this was troublesome. I really wish Ibraheem and Fahad were here right now. Things would be easier to handle then. But no matter. This is nothing.

Did they think that this was going to stop me from going to Zoya? A couple of guns weren't going to stop me. Nothing can stop me.

"Oh my God! Put the guns down. All of you. We are in a residential area for crying out loud." Zoya yelled at all of us but none of us budged. I kept my gun trained on the men as I stepped towards Zoya who stood rooted to her spot.

"Hey. Back off. Last warning." The older looking guy warned me as he removed the safety lock. Now then, who do I shoot first? "How does he know this Zoya?" He questioned Zoya while maintaining eye contact with me.

"I don't know. I really don't." She replied, I could hear the sincerity in her voice. She kept looking at each one of us. Did she not remember me or was she lying again?

"Go inside the house. Leave this to us." He ordered Zoya but she didn't move an inch. Good girl. That's my Anushay. Fearless as always.

"No, Saad, guys, just calm down. Let me take care of this." I took a step towards Zoya. I couldn't stay away. She was like a lethal magnet attracting me towards her. I wanted to be close to her. There wasn't much distance between us now. So close. I didn't care about the guns or the losers standing there. I could handle them lat-I felt a piercing pain in my shoulder followed by the sound of gunshot ringing in the air. I looked down at my right shoulder to see blood oozing and staining my shirt. Ah, fuck. Zoya screamed as I staggered back and sat down on the hood of my car to balance myself.

"SAAD, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MIND? Why did you shoot him?!" Zoya shrieked as she rushed to my side and inspected the wound.

"Zoya, stay away from him. We don't know who he is. He could belong to that family for all we know." Saad said as he recoiled his gun. I ought to shoot him in the head for asking her to stay away from me. I was about to raise my gun but Zoya blocked my view. She was finally close to me.

"I don't care whose family he belongs to. You can't just shoot a man." I heard her call out as she looked at my face closely. Damn, I wanted to hug her. I pulled myself up from the hood and put my arms around her. I involuntarily put my upper body weight on her which caused her to sink down. "Kamran, pull yourself together. Shit, that is a lot of blood." All I wanted to do was laugh at how adorable she was being right now. I could feel the warmth of her body melting away the coldness I had felt for years. It was slowly filling the void that had made me hollow inside.