Chapter 16

Ibraheem's POV:

"Menay sacha pyar kiya tha tumse. (I truly loved you.)" I felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest. And then it clicked. Like a match stick that ignites and brightens up a dark room. I knew what I had to do now.

"Mujhe bhi sacha pyar hi tha. (It was true love for me too.)" Misha said as she wiped her eyes with the back of her palm. "Pehla aur akhri. (First and last.)"

"My only regret was not showing up in your life in these past five years. I should have never left. I should have staked my claim on you. The fear of losing you to someone scared me more than I could ever realize. I thought it was better for me to stay away for both of our sakes. I forgot all my values for you. I shouldn't have done that." I told her softly. The rage within me was slowly vanishing.

"Jo dil karta hai karo, Ibraheem. Bas yeh sab bhool jao. (You can do whatever you want, Ibraheem. Just forget all this.)" Misha looked at me with glassy blue eyes. Oh, Misha, Misha, Misha, how can I forget all this? I smiled at her which caused her eyes to go wide.

"You are right. I should do what I think is right." She looked surprised which amused me. My anger had subsided and now I was just calm. The calm before the storm. "Why are you surprised? Isn't this what you wanted?"

"It is. I am just surprised that you agreed." Misha's tears had dried up completely now. She looked confused which was cute too.

"I just admit that I messed up so I am sorry." I took a step back as to not intimidate her. Play it safe, Ibraheem. I saw Fahad looking at me with a face morphed in shock and surprise. I bet he was thinking something on the lines of 'what the fuck was wrong with him now?'

"It's alright. Let's put the past behind us." There was a pain stricken look on her face and yet she gave me the smallest of the smiles which was a good sign. We were moving on to better things.

"You are right. We should forget the past. We should look towards the future now." Misha nodded in agreement as Zoya handed her a glass of water and she took a sip of it while keeping her eyes on me. She still looked suspicious. "And for starters, how about we help you fix Rubab's problem? I am sure Fahad has a plan." I grinned at Fahad who looked at me as if I had lost my shit. He was right, I had lost it but there was no need to show it. Kamran was silent but even he looked like he was trying to decode my odd behavior. They know my nature and how nearly impossible it was for me to give up just like that. They were right to be suspicious.

"Uh, yeah, right. Now that things are fine between Misha and Ibraheem, how about we all take a seat and discuss things over while we eat?" Fahad offered and all three of the girls looked skeptical but agreed as they took seats. "So what do you guys want to eat?"

"I just ate so I am not hungry." Rubab replied.

"Meri bhook mar gaye hai. (My hunger died.)" Misha added.

"Ah, I am starving. Okay, let me see." Zoya answered as she started to scan the menu and then placed her order.

"You seriously won't do anything now?" Misha asked carefully and I smiled at her politely and she looked like she was going to choke on her water.

"Absolutely nothing that you should be worried about." I assured her and she was seconds away from choking on her water.

"Are you bipolar?" I chuckled at her question. How the heck was she this adorable?

"Not at all. What makes you say that?" I gave her the politician's smile I had mastered over the months.

"No, I mean you were so insistent before and now you just seem okay with everything." Misha said in a partially hoarse voice which was probably because she had cried a few minutes ago. All I wanted to do was hug her when she was crying but I knew she would freak out so I used all my energy to hold back.