Chapter 43

Ibraheem's POV:

"You are not actually going to tie me to a chair, are you?" Misha looked up at Fahad with her wide, horrified blue eyes as she sat down on a chair infront of mine. She had been ignoring me since I had caught her back then. She even refused to make eye contact with me although I was sitting right in-front of her. She was looking at anything and anyone except me. Wow. Very mature, meri jaan. Fahad looked at me for a second before he turned to look at Misha again and he let out a hearty chuckle.

"I won't tie you up. It's not like you can escape from a plane that is high up in the air. What are you going to do? Jump through the window?" Fahad joked as silence fell on all of us and he scratched the back of his head uncomfortably. "Relax Bhabhi, we won't tie you up."

"What happened to your nose, bhai?" I was still looking at Fahad when Kamran inquired as he took a seat down beside me.

"Why don't you ask your Bhabhi that?" I scowled at Misha as I continued to stuff tissues into my nose. Kamran made an 'O' face as he looked at Misha too. I don't know if it was my imagination but I definitely saw Misha smirk for a fraction of a second. Was she enjoying this?

"Anyway, who wants to drink? I heard there is wine in the fridge!" Fahad broke the silence as he clapped his hands and opened the fridge with enthusiasm. He took out a sealed bottle and three cups. He pulled out the cork with his teeth and started to pour the red wine into the glasses while humming some tune. He handed me an empty glass and I was about to accept the offer until my eyes met Misha's.

She was burning holes into me. I swear, if she continues to look at the glass with such a deathly stare, it's going to break under the pressure. I gulped inwardly as I put the empty glass down and eyed Fahad not to put the drink inside. I feel like Misha would smash the glass on my head if I even looked at it. Plus, I really should stop drinking again. Wifey hated it. Fahad looked at me then at Misha and it looked he finally understood what I was trying to tell him so he put my glass away.

He was about to take sip when Misha coughed out loud.

"Rubab," She started and I felt Fahad pause as he looked at Misha expectantly. The glass rim was touching his lips. Once she realized that she had caught his attention, she let out a breathy humorless chuckle as she stared at Fahad with cold eyes. "She hates the concept of drinkers." She completed her sentence as she looked away from Fahad and back out the window. I was confused as to what she was saying. It's not like something like Rubab not liking drinkers was going to stop the raging alcoholic. Fahad loved alcohol like it was his child. I turned to look at Fahad who still hadn't taken a sip.

"Good for her." He croaked as he loosened up his collar. I raised my eyebrow at him. He slowly put the glass down as he looked like he was deep in thought. "You know what? I think I am going to skip drinking today."

Did Fahad Abroo, my childhood friend and raging alcoholic, just refuse a drink over a statement? I noticed how he put the glasses away and put the cork back on the bottle. He looked at Kamran who was still holding out his empty glass and took the glass from him.

"Let's not drink today." He told Kamran who frowned at him but shrugged. Fahad slowly slumped into the seat opposite Kamran and started to sulk as he looked outside the plane window. I turned to look at Misha and I was pretty sure, I saw her smile for a few seconds before she turned back all serious once she caught me looking. It made me realize something. Women can be quite lethal with their words.

Kamran suddenly got up and sat in the seat beside her. I raised my eyebrow up in surprise. What a sight. My little cousin and my little fox. It felt like water and oil had merged.

"Bhabhi?" He called out while keeping his expressionless face.

"I don't know where Zoya is and even if I did, I wouldn't tell you." Misha replied before Kamran had a chance and he slowly got up and went back into his seat and started to sulk too. I slowly scanned the plane and noticed everyone was now sulking and looking out the window.

Oh man, the ride was going to be silent. I thought as I shoved another tissue into my nose. Just wonderful.

....

By the time, the plane landed in Karachi, Misha was sleeping. She looked so peaceful and beautiful even in her sleep. I was surprised to see how she could sleep under such a stressful situation but I guess the exhaustion had finally caught up to her. She had gone through quite a lot today. And I am sure there was more to come. 

I had wanted to apologize to her properly once she was less mad at me because it pained me to look at her ignoring me like this. I knew she wanted her space right now but all I had wanted to do during the plane ride was to hug her. It was hard to hold back but I was sure if I tried anything right now, she would have thrown me off the plane. Or jumped off herself. 

I picked her up bridal style as I stepped out of the plane and carried her to a car that was already prepared. The guards greeted the three of us as they kept a poker face out of professionalism when they noticed Misha in my arms. This was why I had hired them, they never asked questions and they stayed loyal. The sky was already pitch black and there was no stars outside. I was planning to drive but since she had fallen asleep, I instructed a guard to take the wheel. I laid her down on the backseat as I sat down beside her and put her head on my lap so she could be comfortable.

"Bhai, men phir ghar ja raha hun. Kal milte hen, theek? (Bro, I am going home then. Let's meet tomorrow okay?)" I nodded as I gave him a side hug. Kamran said the same and followed suit.

It hadn't even been ten minutes since we left the airport that Misha woke up with a startle. She rose from my lap and looked at me in shock. I was about to comfort her but she completely ignored me yet again as she started to shuffle in the car seat and then she looked down. I tried to look where she was looking but her hair was constricting my view.

"What's wrong, jaan?" She snapped her head back at me and the color seemed to drain from her face. She kept glancing left and right until her cheeks tinted red. Was she catching a fever? I put my hand on her forehead but that wasn't it.

"Ibra...heem," I heard her mumble barely above a whisper.

"So now we are talking?" I grinned but she just looked down.

"Shut up and listen to me. This is serious." I heard her mumble again and her shady behavior was starting to worry me now. "Can you stop the car for a second?"

"I am not letting you run away, jaan. You are already in Karachi." I told her sternly but she just looked up and glared at me.

"I don't give a shit about running away right now. Just stop the car and ask your driver to step out for a second." She gripped my wrist tightly and I just slowly nodded my head as I asked my guard to stop the car on the side and step outside for a few seconds. Once the Audi stopped, so did the Vigo that had my other guards behind me. I could hear them asking what was wrong to the guard who just stepped out the Audi but he just shrugged and said something like 'Chothay Sahab ne kaha hai. (The young boss instructed me.)'

"Okay jaan, tell me. What is it?" I looked at Misha who was still holding my wrist tightly and although I was happy that she was finally touching me on her own free will but it was worrying me on why she was doing it like this.

"...riod." She said it in such a low voice that I couldn't pick up on what she said.

"Babe, what? I can't hear you." I frowned in confusion as I looked at her but she was still looking down at my wrist. She mumbled something barely audible again so I asked her to repeat. "Babe, can you say it a little louder?"

She finally looked up at me with red tinted cheeks and eyes filled with embarrassment eyes as she yelled at me.

"I SAID I GOT MY PERIOD DAMN IT!"

Author's Note:

Hello and Asalam o Alaikum Lovelies!

So who saw this coming?