Chapter 53

Misha's POV:

The sight was pure horror. Ibraheem had been shot. Again and again. He was covering me? Ibraheem had fallen on top of me, spitting out blood that drenched my shoulder. I didn't have the time to tend to him as I noticed the man in the Tundra aiming to shoot him for a fourth time.

No.

I won't let that happen.

I grabbed the pistol that had slipped from Ibraheem's hands and aimed it at the man in the moving car. My hands were trembling but my heart didn't waver even for a second as my index finger pulled the trigger. The bullet left the barrel of the gun, whizzed through the air and pierced the man in the neck. He grabbed his neck, gurgling, he lost balance and fell from the moving car.

"Misha..." I heard Ibraheem breathing shallowly. I dropped the pistol as I looked at him with pain in my eyes. There was blood dripping out from the edge of his mouth. He was barely holding unto me. There was blood everywhere. I couldn't tell where he had been shot and where he hadn't been. "You....alright....jaan?"

"Yes, I am alright. Please don't speak right now, Ibraheem. It's going to be okay. Everything is going to be okay. Oh my God. Why did you cover for me?" I assured him as my fingers combed his hair. Tears started to roll down my eyes non-stop as Fahad came running to my side. "Please call an ambulance, Fahad. Do something please."

"Misha....I love you....so much....for you....if I could....I.....would.....do it.....all.....over....again." Ibraheem brought his bloodied hand up and placed it with my cheek. He gave me a weak smile as his eyes started to close. "My...dear....wife."

"Ibraheem? IBRAHEEM?!" I tried to shake him but he had lost consciousness altogether. I placed my head against his chest to hear his heart beat. I wanted to breathe in a sigh of relief but his heart beat was getting weaker with every second.

There was another gun shot that rang in the air. Kamran had shot that man in the abdomen. And then in the shoulder. The man's guard was about to shoot Kamran but he beat him to it and shot him twice as well.

"Where is the nearest hospital?" Fahad questioned as he started to hoist Ibraheem up. "The ambulance will take too long. I will drive."

"The nearest hospital is 10 minutes from here. I will help." Humayun was the one to speak as he helped Ibraheem up as well. Fahad put an arm around Ibraheem while Humayun took the other side. The two of them carried Ibraheem to the range rover we had arrived in. I was about to follow them when my father put his hand on my shoulder. If he thinks he is going to stop me right now, he was-

"Take care of him. We will join you soon as well." Father said as he looked at Ibraheem's back and then at me. I nodded before rushing to Ibraheem's side. The door closed and Fahad revved the car to life. I was sitting in the back with Ibraheem's head in my lap. Guilt was killing me from the inside as I looked at Ibraheem's peaceful face.

"I will clear things up here and join you all. Send me the details when you get there." Kamran yelled from where he was standing above the man with a gun pointed to his head. Fahad gave him an okay as he reversed the car quickly and started to speed to the hospital with Humayun giving directions. 

The hospital was 10 minutes away but Fahad's over speeding helped us get there in 6 minutes. He pressed hard on the brake infront of the emergency ward and left the car to bring the nurses and a stretcher. Everything was happening so fast. They shifted Ibraheem to a stretcher and rushed him to the emergency.

Fahad did the talking and the doctor concluded the case was too critical and he had lost too much blood so he was rushed to the operation theatre immediately. I was grateful to Fahad and Humayun for holding the strong front because all I wanted to do was break down on the hospital floor and bawl my eyes out.