32

Jimin quickly puts his socks on and rushes downstairs as he hears the doorbell ring. He opens the door and sees Jungkook standing there smiling.

"Hey Hyung."

"Hi Guk, thanks for coming," Jimin smiles.

Jungkook decided to come over to help Jimin with painting the baby's room. Yoongi's currently out running other errands and Jimin thought that they should slowly start preparing as the date gets closer as it's almost the half way point of summer break.

Jimin shuts the door after letting Jungkook inside, "thanks for helping me Kookie, I really appreciate it."

"It's not a problem Hyung, I was just gonna lounge around all day anyways."

Jimin leads the Maknae into the guest room that's gonna become the baby's room.

"So here is the paint, and the rollers are over there," Jimin points to everything as Jungkook takes it all in.

Shortly after, they start picking up the rollers and applying a light baby blue colour to the walls. The two keep chat with small conversations here and there.

"Are you excited for university Hyung?"

"Hmm? Oh I guess so, I haven't really gotten time to think about it lately. Everything's been baby, baby, baby."

"Right I forgot duh...you're really gonna be doing school and pregnancy at the same time."

"I did it in highschool for four months, this can't be much harder. It's just that now, people can tell but I don't know anyone at this school so I don't think it matters."

"You're really being positive about all of this."

"Yeah I've been trying to be more positive lately, I think Yoongi helps a lot too."

"He's always made you happy."

"Mhm, even though none of this was planned, I'm so happy it all happened," Jimin smiles widely as he thinks about the past few months with Yoongi.

So...you're gonna live with Hoseok and Taehyung."

"Uh.. yeah I am."

"You don't sound that enthused? I thought you wanted to room with them."

"I do! I am excited."

"You're being odd."

"Why would you think that?" Jungkook looks over at Jimin who narrows his eyes at the doe eyed boy.

Suddenly, Jungkook's phone buzzes and Jungkook rushes to pick it up after cleaning his hands. Jimin watches the younger as he can see a slight smile form in Jungkook's lips.

The thing is, Jungkook a lot of the time is emotionless. He rarely shows extreme emotion with anything he does. That got him a lot of attention in highschool, the emotionless hot boy that's good at everything. The rest of the friend group knows this, which is why Jimin finds the current matter very strange.

Jimin then hears a small giggle come from the younger lips. He slowly drops his roller and creeps over and just barely looks over Jungkook's should to see his phone screen. Normally their friend group wouldn't look at each other's phones and they each respect their privacy, but this is way far from the Jungkook Jimin's used to.

Jimin peers at the screen and sees the names at the top of the screen: Hoseok and Taehyung. Except there are small heart next to each of their names.

Now even though they don't go through each other's phones, Jimin knows Jungkook's not one to use emojis, at all.

Out of shock Jimin gasps, and Jungkook flings his phone out of instinct. Luckily, it didn't end up hitting any paint, or breaking.

"Oh my god Hyung, y-you scared me."

"Um sorry...you were just so intrigued with your phone."

"Ah sorry, we can keep going."

Jungkook scurries over and picks up his phone and shoves it into his pocket. The two stop and stare at each other for a while, neither boy saying anything.

"Jungkook?" Jimin asks quietly.

Jungkook looks down and says nothing.

"I know- I'm sorry for looking at your phone, but even you know that you were being odd."

"Yeah..." Jungkook pouts, his eyes becoming slightly glossy.

"I know I'm not hallucinating with what I saw on your screen and you know what I'm talking about."

"Yeah..."

"You wanna... talk? For a bit."

"Yeah."