3

"Do I have to do this, Bow.." Adora sighed and curled away from the door.

"You said she was your childhood friend, I think it'd be best to try and get something out of her. More than what Glimmer told us."

"Tch, fine.." Adora moves to open the doors but Bow stopped her.

"You don't have to stay for long, me and Glimmer are here for you. Ok?"

Adora huffed and Bow embraced her lovingly. "I love you Bow," she admitted, smiling into his shoulder.

"I love you too, now go get 'er tiger!" Bow opened the door and lightly shoved her in.

"Hey Adora~.." a promiscuous voice echoed through the room.

"Come out, I'm not here to play your games," Adora growled.

A light gestured Adora to move towards the back end of the room.

"Aww, you found me! Guess I'll have to try harder next time."

Catra was chained by her wrist to the wall. It was a decision not made by Glimmer, by the guards instead.

"What's your game now? To kill me when Glimmer trusts you, and leave like nothing happened? Rebuild the Horde??"

Catra frowned for a second, then smirked. "Oh Adora, always jumping to conclusions~. I'm in jail, idiot. I couldn't do anything even if I wanted to."

Adora flushed and looked away, irritated.

"I don't even know why I bother.." she muttered.

Catra sighed loudly, cutting the blonde out of her thoughts.

"Your friend, Sparkles..she..cared. I don't get it."

Adora clenched her fists. "Me neither."

"Oh please, she caused all this in the first place, why not be mad at her too?" Catra raised her eyebrows in genuine curiousness.

Adora walked over to Catra and leaned on her arm against the wall. Towering over the feline with a dark glint in her eye.

"Don't test me, Catra. I spent months, almost YEARS trying to fix your attacks, your war, YOUR portal disaster! What Glimmer did, was an accident! I don't forgive her, but I understand. BUT NOW,"

Adora punched the wall and paced away. "I'm stuck being useless, I can't be She-Ra, she's the only one who can fix this!"

The feline stayed silent in awe. This wasn't the same Adora. Why wasn't this the Adora she knew? Who forgave? Who understood?

The blonde stomped back over and pointed a menacing finger at Catra's heart. "I doubt you even care about all the damage you caused, you always push your shit onto me anyway. But know this,"

Adora paused. She looked at Catra and broke her stare for a second, to see the slight..hurt, in Catra's eyes.

A paler finger smushed against the sweaty and beaten forehead that was Catra's. "I don't care what you do, or say, but I will fix everything, by myself if I have to. And you can't stop me. You can't hold me down anymore. I'm done."

Adora wanted to scream more, shout more, but that would be going down to the cat's level. And that's not what she wants right now.

The princess glared at the door, letting her hand go down to her side and walked to the door silently.

"...Adora."

The blonde turned around.

Catra pulled against her chains slightly; she clenched her hands into fists and pulled to see Adora's face more clearly.

"What?"

"Adora, can you just...thank..Glimmer, for me? That's all. Please."

Thank? Excuse me?

Adora sighed, looking at the door. "I—"

"I don't care if you don't, I just—want her to know I appreciate it. What she did."

Catra looked down to the floor.

"...I'll think about it. Goodbye Catra."

And the door slammed shut.